World Annihilator

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Challenger1978

World Annihilator

Post by Challenger1978 »

Hi i was hmm wondering if somone could help me by telling me how to repair the world annihilator. I have maximum tech, 15 mill in the bank with the latest hi tech constructors but i just can't repair it. I'm just really desperate to take it for a test drive and blow some planets up with it [:D].

Canute0

RE: World Annihilator

Post by Canute0 »

Like you repair other ships,bases.
Send a Construction ship, but depend on the shipyard size of the ship it take some time.

Challenger1978

Post by Challenger1978 »

ORIGINAL: Canute

Like you repair other ships,bases.
Send a Construction ship, but depend on the shipyard size of the ship it take some time.

I can repair other ships (deralicks capital ships), also i have the biggest and best constructor possible as i have maxium tech, i just can't repair the world destroyer. Theres just no option when you right click on it or the little hammer dosn't appear to auto repair.
Astorax

Post by Astorax »

A trick you can use is to have several constructors some distance away from it, pause it, then tell them all to repair it. They will all then repair it once they get to it. If you already have one repairing it, you cannot then tell another to do it, it won't.

It will still take some time but you will be getting a tech boost just for repairing it.

Edit- hmm, I just read your latest post. No repair/hammer icon at all? Thats strange, indeed. Is this with the 1.04 patch or perhaps the new beta?
Challenger1978

Post by Challenger1978 »

Its with 1.045
Astorax

Post by Astorax »

Hrm, that certainly sounds like a bug. It was definitely working in 1.03 but I have as yet not encountered a WA ship in 1.04.

If you have a save game, please report that (along with the savegame) in the Tech Support section. 
Challenger1978

Post by Challenger1978 »

Alright will do mate.
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

I had a similar bug once. In a debris field i got 1 ship i couldnt repair, but i could shoot it. The AI couldn't repair it either.

Maybe you encounter the same with the world destroyer.

Wenla

Post by Wenla »

ORIGINAL: Canute

I had a similar bug once. In a debris field i got 1 ship i couldnt repair, but i could shoot it. The AI couldn't repair it either.

Maybe you encounter the same with the world destroyer.

Me too, I had once (1.04) a ship which I couldn't repair. So far only this one time.
Before you can define your strategy, you have to have a vision
shanicus

Post by shanicus »

As an aside,

I wonder if the WA is in every game? It certainly has been in all of mine. But, I can't say that I am glad. I am beginning to feel like,"Oh, there it is again. Guess I had better take it over and kick some @ss with it like last game..."
DJ Swagger
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

I think they're basically random and, in fact, spawned by triggers. They're certainly not unique. World Devastators, World Destroyers, World Annihilators, Devastation Moons, Death Orbs...eh, they're all the same.
Gareth_Bryne

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

Greetings, everyone! This is my first post here & thank you to those who developed such an awesome game.

It seems to me that the Death Star is on a storyline trigger on the path to Way of Darkness. Although it seems I've stumbled on mine almost accidentally, but later I got several storyline base supplemental messages leading to the star system with it. In that game I got both Way Of The ANCIENTS and the Death Star))). I used it though only as a super cap ship....
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
jscott991

Post by jscott991 »

This has become a big buggy.

I repaired two of these in my latest game and they both simply disappeared.
Challenger1978

Post by Challenger1978 »

ORIGINAL: shanicus

As an aside,

I wonder if the WA is in every game? It certainly has been in all of mine. But, I can't say that I am glad. I am beginning to feel like,"Oh, there it is again. Guess I had better take it over and kick some @ss with it like last game..."

Lucky you i've barley ever seen one. Whats your play style like ? I normal try to be really good for most of the game while i tech up and build a great economy and then towards the end i going nuts and back stab everyone when i overrun the galaxy muahahahhahahaha.
Yarasala

Post by Yarasala »

I actually found two world destroyers in my current game, but was only able to secure the second one for me. When I look at the other empires' military scoreit seems the other has simply disappeared ...

Anyway, I didn't realize that attacking a planet with a world destroyer actually destroys the planet ... [X(]

I had no current save so I kept on playing, but now everything is going down the drain:

1. My reputation fell below ground, all my friends began cancelling their treaties with me and inposed trade sanctions.

2. Some planets rebelled.

3. The fleet with the world destroyer DEFECTED! [:@]

4. One quarter of my colonies split from my empire and formed their own ...

We'll see how that goes on ...

Unfortunately do I begin to have memory issues with that game so I don't know whether I can play it much further.
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

Dudes, can someone send Lordxorn a save game with a World Destroyer ?
He asked me a while ago for one ... And I lost the save game where i finaly found one ...

@Yarasala about point 3 => haha [:'(]
Challenger1978

Post by Challenger1978 »

I started a new game today and found and repaired a world annhilator only for the dam thing to blow up on me just as i finished repairing it [:@].
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

I had to blow it up... *cries*
Yarasala

Post by Yarasala »

Now I assembled a strong fleet with a lot of troops and sent it to attack the enemy my world destroyer defected to. I took one planet from them and then went to attack there main planet (they had only three planets or so left). And what happened? Shortly before leaving hyperspace the fleet ALSO DEFECTED to this same enemy!!! [:@][:@][:@]
While the first defection I could tolerate, this second one that practically ruins my military I don't understand. The enemy empire is nearly defeated (no idea where the world destroyer they got from me is at the moment) and I don't see en intelligence option to undermine enemy fleets so I take it the AI also has no such possibility. Then this can only be pure chance because of my bad reputation ... ?

Although normally I try to play more good / neutral and never attack first, it should be possible to play on the evil side without having to fight against one's own people all the time. The defection of my world destroyer already felt like in Star Wars the Death Star changing sides and joining the rebels  ... [X(]
gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

Is the World Annihilator built by constructor ships or stations? How do you obtain this weapon anyway... through research? Lastly, does it destroy worlds or suns and what is its range meaning can it be moved to the the system of interest or is it stationary?
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”