does putting two mining components double mining speed?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

taltamir

does putting two mining components double mining speed?

Post by taltamir »

I decided to try and build some super mining stations, because I have a critical deficiency of hydrogen... as in ~0 sources (i build them and they disappear) of hydrogen on a 700 planet empire in sandbox (last empire standing).

I think it might be the pirates, so I decided to:
1. Arm it a little.
2. Armor and shield it better
3. Give it enough mining capacity to justify the above.

the question is... if I double the amount of gas mining component, will it double the rate at which it mines gas? Would a mining station with 10x mining component, 10x the amount of normal storage, and 10x the amount of docking bays produce the same amount of gas as 10 separate mining stations with normal amount of the above? (and before you scoff about the extra docking bays, I am having traffic jams on my gas mining stations... my demand is for 3485.2K of hydrogen, I produce a fraction of it, its price is at 50, and at last count I had:
3496 small freighters
2740 medium freighters
1509 large freighters
486 passenger ships

those are just the latest models, but there are only a few dozen of older models... under 200 total.
But anyways... yea, I have lots of ships.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
Bartje

RE: does putting two mining components double mining speed?

Post by Bartje »

Damn, thats a huuuuge empire you have.

It would make sense if there was an income increase, though efficiency wise it probably shoudn't be 100% extra income
taltamir

Post by taltamir »

ORIGINAL: Bartje

Damn, thats a huuuuge empire you have.

It would make sense if there was an income increase, though efficiency wise it probably shoudn't be 100% extra income

Actually... its a small galaxy with only 400 stars...
I simply won and conquered everything... well, except the ice planets and moons because I did not have any who could... I was at 650 when I destroyed the last other empire and have colonized every planet and moon in the galaxy. then i used the editor to create an independant naxxilian colony to colonize ice planets and have been expanding to those since...

well, trying to, the economy stalled out on me.
The AI is not too aggressive about scuttling gas mining stations and as I result I don't have fuel / gas used for construction.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
Rustyallan

Post by Rustyallan »

Looking at the design screen, if you add more extractors, it does increase your rate. How that works in practice, I don't know. It's certainly work trying though.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”