[Release]Star Wars Mod- ROTS Update!

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

2guncohen

RE: [Release]Star Wars! Preview

Post by 2guncohen »

Lordxorn im glad you like it.
I have also some nice unit for the rebels [;)]

And,  damn,  I noticed it is extremely hard to find top down ships/stations ... [:(]  you realy did a good job collecting all the stuff !!!

I had the same issiue with my wing commander mod... But i think you will have more succes, because Star wars is more popular.

And the internet is seeded with mods  for star wars [&o] Thanks the gods.

evrik

Post by evrik »

ORIGINAL: Igard

I'm glad I was right about the Carrack cruisers, but I could have sworn the ships you used for the frigates are Nebulon B. Now that I look at them, they don't even resemble Nebulon B's![X(] What kind of ship are they?

I believe they are Lancer Frigates.
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: evrik

I believe they are Lancer Frigates.

Thanks, evrik. I haven't played any Star Wars games in years so it's difficult to remember all the names.
wintermute

Post by wintermute »

Does this mod use the stock races or do you use ones from the star wars universe?
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

lordxorn , How do you like my new modification ?

[&o]         Image
lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

ORIGINAL: wintermute

Does this mod use the stock races or do you use ones from the star wars universe?

The first release was the Galactic Empire, next will be the Rebel Alliance.

The rest of the races will be the default ones. In the future I don't envision being able to find enough Star Wars races to completely replace the stock races, however I believe I have find enough stuff to give the Star Wars experience a maybe 50 percent feel, and 50% DW. But don't quote me! lol.

lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

That looks great, admiral Thrawn. [:D]

The other race image I had first set was Palpatine himself.
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

yeah im doing some sort of role play that im leading the Imperial remnant again to its interstellar might [:D]
I was wondering how a death star could be implemented ...
Defence station ?

btw: Received the email with the imperial troopers ?
lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

You are kind of stealing some thunder here, lol.

I have plans for a Death Star, and let's just say it is not a starbase.

I am not making a promise, but maybe I can say that I will try and release a version 1.1 of the mod that includes some changes like your troop picture and the Death Star by possibly tonight.

lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

OMG is that the Death Star?

BTW does anyone have a savegame with the planet destroyer built? I have replaced the graphic for that with this Death Star.

Attachments
20100427_184912.jpg
20100427_184912.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 74 times
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

[&o] This rocks
evildoer

Post by evildoer »

Impressive!
Good work [:D]
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

ORIGINAL: 2guncohen

lordxorn , How do you like my new modification ?

[&o]         Image

a bit too cartoonish for me though
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

how do you change ship names? the file is empty in vanilla DW... do you have a format? I mean one list of names per civ...
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

[:D] Well i like it but im already working on a lesser Cartoony one.
You know it isnt realy difficult to make a picture like that/ and to fit it in the game ;)

Igard

Post by Igard »

@Nibelung44, there should be a file called, 'shipNames.txt' in the main DW directory. As far as I know, you copy that into your customization folder (Distant Worlds/customization/Star Wars). That means that the ship names are used for all civs. It's a limitation of the game at the moment that hopefully should be sorted soon. That's unless I'm wrong and someone has found a way to create race specific ship names.

@lordxorn, awesome work. Don't mean to be a nitpicker, but isn't the Death Star upside down? That's if it has a 'this side up' label somewhere.[:'(]
Igard

Post by Igard »

@ 2guncohen, I love Admiral Thrawn!! There can't be many pics of him that aren't cartoony out there. Your avatar image would work pretty well too.
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

@ 2guncohen, I love Admiral Thrawn!! There can't be many pics of him that aren't cartoony out there. Your avatar image would work pretty well too.

Well im working slowly (when i have some spare time ) to build upp some Images who could fitt in the game.
Once it is done, im going to mail them upp to lordxorn [8D] With the question to add them as optional pictures [&o]
lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

@lordxorn, awesome work. Don't mean to be a nitpicker, but isn't the Death Star upside down? That's if it has a 'this side up' label somewhere.[:'(]

To get those Deathstars in the game I cheated and used them as capitals with 1500 hull size. My intent is to use the Deathstar as the planet destroyer. I just haven't got that far in game yet. I have been super busy with work so ver 1.1 has been delayed.

So to answer your question since it was like a capital, DW rotates the Deathstar.

Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

@Nibelung44, there should be a file called, 'shipNames.txt' in the main DW directory. As far as I know, you copy that into your customization folder (Distant Worlds/customization/Star Wars). That means that the ship names are used for all civs. It's a limitation of the game at the moment that hopefully should be sorted soon. That's unless I'm wrong and someone has found a way to create race specific ship names.

Ok, thanks ... so let me see if I get things right:

in DW, you can have specific ship names per ship class, but it is common to all races.

In SE, you have specific ship names per race, but it is common to all ship classes (of this race).

Well, I'll then utter a big **sigh**. When will the developers look at what the others devs did, and improve upon that [:'(]

Return to “Design and Modding”