'Stuttering'

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

technotica

'Stuttering'

Post by technotica »

Greetings,

I consider buying Distant Worlds and I have watched the exploration, game controls etc. videos on youtube. One thing I noticed is that it looks as if all movement in the game is kind of 'stuttery', ships don't seem to move fluidly but a little jerky. Is that just because of the videos or do they move like that in game too?
Jamoid

RE: 'Stuttering'

Post by Jamoid »

ship movement, planet orbit and the like are fairly smooth, the stuttering is mainly just while zooming in/out and on the minimap. while annoying it's not a dealbreaker.
Bartje

Post by Bartje »

Thats just the videos, I don't know why they look like that. I saw it in a modding (starwars mod) movie on YouTube as well today.

Its not in the game though
technotica

Post by technotica »

Ah, great, that was one thing keeping me from buying it (a demo would be nice :P ). *goes now and buys the game*
lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

That is Fraps causing the stuttering.

Also before release we were all concerned with the youtube videos released from Codeforce, and the stuttering. We were assured it was the vid cap software, and post release that turned out to be true.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”