Vista 64

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
Hobo55

Vista 64

Post by Hobo55 »

I have read most of the dialoque on installing this game. I have many Matrix games running on XP computer. None on my Vista 64. Before purchasing this game I need to know if the game will in fact install and run on a 64 computer.
I can use the Administrator option as well not install in program (86).

I use Trend Micro Security Package which objects to HP Games. I just ignore the 'mangled script' stuff and continue to playso at least I can play the games.

I really don't want to waste money if the game is going to cause a lot of grief both in the install and/or play

Any prepurchase advice most welcome.

Bob
Hobo5
PrinzHenrich

RE: Vista 64

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Hello, If it will helpfull  I can tell you, that I have Windows 7 (64-bit) and game play good :)

Changes....
Hobo55

Post by Hobo55 »

Thank you for your imput. I would guess that if it works for your Windows7/64 it ought to work for my Vista. I just have had a lot of bad experience trying to run Matrix Games on Vista 64. Lots of advice about tweeking etc. and none worked. Maybe its my Security Package. What ever I am intrigued with this game.

Thanks again
Hobo5
jackx

Post by jackx »

Ran fine on Vista 32, runs fine on Win 7/64, as already stated by PH. Won't have access to a Vista 64 laptop until in a couple of weeks...maybe some of the staff can give an official statement regarding compatibility?

I'm not familiar with the security suite you use, but that seems a more likely source of obstruction than the 64 bit OS, IMHO...

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace
Hobo55

Post by Hobo55 »

Thank you for your information.
Hopefully one of the staff can comment. This time I am holding off purchasing until I have a response.
Vista 64 system.
What tweeks if any.
Have you loaded onto a Vista64 machine - Does it work?
I can turn off security system so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hobo5
Hobo55

Post by Hobo55 »

Re Vista 64

I have a friend that works for M$S$ and he says they have completed work on Windows 8 and now presently working on Windows 9.. maybe the friend has completed his work on 8 who knows.
The point is, if 8 is close then we should be solving Vista 64 issues.
The other option is if it does in fact work on Window 7 /64 then I should switch over or upgrade.
Hobo5

Return to “Tech Support”