1.04 Beta 2

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Chet Guiles

1.04 Beta 2

Post by Chet Guiles »

This is an awesome game, but I am trying to respond to any "buggy" behavior because it's obvious that the developers are interested and responsive. So if y'all would prefer me to shut up, say so and I will wait patiently for new updates.

I have had issues (see previous posts) with the GxBO crash, but by trying to stay away from assigning patrols and building ships on my own I seem to be able to largely avoid that -- maybe one game in three crashes now. (I can't be sure why!)

I had thought that when working in 1.04b2 ships under manual control would auto-refuel and then resume their original assigned tasks.

I note particularly with Exploration ships that they do OK automatically heading in for refuel, but when refuel is done I always get a "Mission Completed" message and the ship waits for a new assignment -- EVEN when their original mission (usually to explore a region) was nowhere near complete.

I like the idea that they should resume where they left off. That way I only have to worry about them when they have actually completed a mission, or get eaten by the Kaltors.

Am I missing something in the "Options" section, or is this actually a "bug"?

Anyone else had this issue?

bloodystump

RE: 1.04 Beta 2

Post by bloodystump »

I've also reported this issue. For me it's happening if a ship switches to some secondary mission at the time refuelling gets triggered (like escaping an attack).

The problem seems to occur if refuelling and escaping missions get used together, for example;

Ship has a patrol mission gets attacked Runs escape mission and stores the patrol mission Ship now has an escape mission and needs to refuel Runs refuel mission and stores the escape mission (overwriting originally stored patrol mission) Ship finishes refuelling mission and restores the stored escape mission Escape mission completes Ship has no more missions so returns to "no mission" status.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: Chet Guiles This is an awesome game, but I am trying to respond to any "buggy" behavior because it's obvious that the developers are interested and responsive. So if y'all would prefer me to shut up, say so and I will wait patiently for new updates.

I have had issues (see previous posts) with the GxBO crash, but by trying to stay away from assigning patrols and building ships on my own I seem to be able to largely avoid that -- maybe one game in three crashes now. (I can't be sure why!)
That GxBO crash is fixed in beta3 which should be available in the next day or two. Happy to hear the bug reports, though we'll be happier after we've squashed the bugs [:)]
I had thought that when working in 1.04b2 ships under manual control would auto-refuel and then resume their original assigned tasks.

I note particularly with Exploration ships that they do OK automatically heading in for refuel, but when refuel is done I always get a "Mission Completed" message and the ship waits for a new assignment -- EVEN when their original mission (usually to explore a region) was nowhere near complete.

I like the idea that they should resume where they left off. That way I only have to worry about them when they have actually completed a mission, or get eaten by the Kaltors.

Am I missing something in the "Options" section, or is this actually a "bug"?

Anyone else had this issue?
We'll take a look at that - they could be getting confused in some scenarios and not properly reverting to their assigned mission.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: bloodystump I've also reported this issue. For me it's happening if a ship switches to some secondary mission at the time refuelling gets triggered (like escaping an attack).

The problem seems to occur if refuelling and escaping missions get used together, for example;

Ship has a patrol mission gets attacked Runs escape mission and stores the patrol mission Ship now has an escape mission and needs to refuel Runs refuel mission and stores the escape mission (overwriting originally stored patrol mission) Ship finishes refuelling mission and restores the stored escape mission Escape mission completes Ship has no more missions so returns to "no mission" status.
Thanks for that extra info
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

Speaking of escaping, ships seem very bad at figuring out how to escape. I have seen ships making idiotic moves when trying to escape, instead of simply engaging their warp drives and jumping out. Ships should not attempt to "escape" from opponents that are faster than they are by running with conventional drives, as this is completely pointless.

Return to “Tech Support”