CD fire issues

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Monter_Trismegistos

RE: CD fire issues

Post by Monter_Trismegistos »

ORIGINAL: Wirraway_Ace
1) Why is the BB closing within range of 15cm guns (let alone 8 cm guns).
Because she want to actually hit something.
Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą
usersatch

Post by usersatch »

Just invaded Rabaul, awaiting the dreaded BB slaughter. Not a single hit registered on any of my 25 BBs and CAs. One would think that Rabaul would have better CD than a hole like Mili.
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

Apparently the CD guns now fire fully only at bombardment TF's, and only sporadically at invasion TF's.  
sfbaytf

Post by sfbaytf »

I had LCI(I), LCI(R), and LCM(M) with my invasion fleet at Naha and they got shredded along with a pretty good load of LST's and LSIs'.

Earlier in the war I took Rabaul and the CD's hardly touched my invasion force too. Truk, Saipan and Naha was a completely different story.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

Apparently the CD guns now fire fully only at bombardment TF's, and only sporadically at invasion TF's.  

I had an easy time at Rabaul as well. I think there's a trigger event, or multiples, where the AI gives up on the Solomons and pulls back most of its stuff. Maybe taking Buna is one? While I was building PM the air battle was fierce, rivaling Burma's. After I came over the mountains it died away pretty fast. Rabaul was still defended by the time I got there, but with scraps.

The Marianas were a whole 'nother story.
The Moose
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

I don't think it's Buna.  That base is still controlled by the AI in my game and the entire SW Pacific area has been abandoned, at least by the units it can evacuate.  The AI currently has 11 units trapped on Tulagi and another half dozen on the Shortlands.  I control Lunga, Buka, Gasmata, Milne Bay, Rossel Island and a couple of bases between Lunga and Shortlands.  My next target is Kavieng and perhaps NW of Finschaven on New Guinea.  The AI began pulling units out when I retook Milne Bay and occupied Rossel Island, but that was way back in mid-42.  I honestly don't have any idea where the units went; the only units I'm seeing in CentPac appear to be the garrison/defense units on the particular atolls.  
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

I don't think it's Buna.  That base is still controlled by the AI in my game and the entire SW Pacific area has been abandoned, at least by the units it can evacuate.  The AI currently has 11 units trapped on Tulagi and another half dozen on the Shortlands.  I control Lunga, Buka, Gasmata, Milne Bay, Rossel Island and a couple of bases between Lunga and Shortlands.  My next target is Kavieng and perhaps NW of Finschaven on New Guinea.  The AI began pulling units out when I retook Milne Bay and occupied Rossel Island, but that was way back in mid-42.  I honestly don't have any idea where the units went; the only units I'm seeing in CentPac appear to be the garrison/defense units on the particular atolls.  

Hmm. I was doing a lot of things simultaneously in there, several real-time months ago. Milne Bay, Tulagi, Buna, and then a very quick jump to Lae (like, 2 weeks.) I guess I don't really want to know the true triggers, and there may be several, or several in combinaiton. I understand very little how the AI scripts work, and I like it that way.

It is true, from multiple reports now, that the AI runs away from Rabaul. I don't know where they go either, but I wouldn't bet against the PI. I've started long-range recon in advance of moving in there from Saipan, and it's bristling with LCUs. I'm just going to tangle with the northern half, but even those are formidible.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”