General Research Station not possible?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

gargoil

General Research Station not possible?

Post by gargoil »

I used to build what I called a General Research Station - especially at research bonus sites such as black holes. It bascially had 4 energy, high tech, weapons and industrial labs. Now that each research station subrole is defined individually, can I take one with the role of say, Weapons Research, add the 12 other labs for the 3 other areas of research and call it my General Research Lab?

Or is its subrole going to interfer with allowing the design? Or interfer with its functioning as all 4 areas? Why were these subroles created? Was it considered gamey to have one all-purpose research facility?
Col Zin

RE: General Research Station not possible?

Post by Col Zin »

can't you just copy a new template from the general research station and add in or replace the other labs as you want? save it with a new name. I haven't tried 1.04 yet (game seems to think I have the newest update when I try to update), but I tend to design specialty research stations as it is. Sounds like 1.04 created specialty stations...saving me some time? :)
Seraphim_slith

Post by Seraphim_slith »

It's still possible to make a general station in 1.04, any one of the 4 research templates will work or if you're like me and find that confusing just use the Star Base subrole and name it a research station.
FerretStyle

Post by FerretStyle »

You can add any module to any design and I seriously doubt they're going to change that. The sub-roles were probably done to help the AI or something like streamlining the design screen.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”