Staff Experience and RuleVars

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Zaratoughda

Staff Experience and RuleVars

Post by Zaratoughda »

Have a problem in ARHS_500AD with leaders and staff getting experience too fast and, tried changing RuelVars 35 (under Combat Calculations) and 75 (under Experience, EP, etc) and, didn't seem to make any difference.

The text with these rulevars seemed to be along the lines of what I was looking for, the amount of experience that staff get for their units getting kills but, I tried minor changes and then tried extremes and, in no case did I notice any difference as to how fast leaders and staff gained experience. In this ptmaster they seem to get up to 100 after only a battle or two.

So, looks like these rulevars are not tied into the code.

Zaratoughda
Vic

RE: Staff Experience and RuleVars

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Zaratoughda

Have a problem in ARHS_500AD with leaders and staff getting experience too fast and, tried changing RuelVars 35 (under Combat Calculations) and 75 (under Experience, EP, etc) and, didn't seem to make any difference.

The text with these rulevars seemed to be along the lines of what I was looking for, the amount of experience that staff get for their units getting kills but, I tried minor changes and then tried extremes and, in no case did I notice any difference as to how fast leaders and staff gained experience. In this ptmaster they seem to get up to 100 after only a battle or two.

So, looks like these rulevars are not tied into the code.

Zaratoughda

change rulevar 75 to say 0.1 and you'll see an effect. if you set it to 0 staff shouldnt get xp anymore from combat.

best regards,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Zaratoughda

RE: Staff Experience and RuleVars

Post by Zaratoughda »

OK, I tried it at 0.1 and didn't seem to make a difference. So, I tried it at 0 and it indeed stopped all increases. So, I then tried it at 0.03 and with that there was increase but was real slow. So, I put it at 0.05 and that seemed to be more along the lines of what I was looking for.

In the ARHS_500AD ptmaster file with Usurpers and Starting Countries and Armies and AI++, the human player starts with just his own capital but the AI all have countries and also the AI++ and that can be a signficant challange but it was turning into not much of a challange after the first confrontation, and I felt that the leaders (Caesar, Hanibal, etc) as well as normal staff getting up to 100 experience real fast was a major factor for this but now this should be fixed.

Thanks for the support!

Zaratoughda

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”