Is there a way to detect incoming hostile?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

nammafia

Is there a way to detect incoming hostile?

Post by nammafia »

I have not gone deep into the game yet but I would like to know a way to detect incoming hostiles, including pirate. I hate the idea that pirates just jump into a system and attacking without knowing that they are coming before a message pop-up. Can we deploy sensors or something similar?
nammafia
PDiFolco

RE: Is there a way to detect incoming hostile?

Post by PDiFolco »

Yes, that's the Long Range scanner. It's big and fit on bases or on specialized "AWACS" ships.
 You have to make research for it at start - well, in my games I have it sometimes at start but not always.

PDF
YvesDelecroix

Post by YvesDelecroix »

Whether you have the tech at the beginning depends on your starting race. This goes for all techs as well: every race starts with a different amount/specialization of tech in the beginning.
Coupon

Post by Coupon »

ORIGINAL: YvesDelecroix

Whether you have the tech at the beginning depends on your starting race. This goes for all techs as well: every race starts with a different amount/specialization of tech in the beginning.

I have only played as humans and you do get some randomly chosen tech at start. Sometimes you get the long range sensor, other times its improved shields.

Return to “The War Room”