Leaders availability

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Husky_MatrixForum

Leaders availability

Post by Husky_MatrixForum »

What determine leaders availability for different squads? Why this unit have so few leaders to choice while others have a lot? I tried to change there HQ but didnt help, almost same leaders.

Attachments
leaders.jpg
leaders.jpg (114.89 KiB) Viewed 41 times
ckammp

RE: Leaders availability

Post by ckammp »

The leader's rank determines what unit they are eligible to command.
In your example, a unit of float planes will only have Ens and WO leaders; Lts and LtCdrs are too high ranking. Since most available leaders are Lts and LtCdrs, smaller plane units will only have a limited selection of commanders.
The same applies to ships - a large TF of CVs and other capital ships will have Admirals available to command, while a small TF of PBs and x-AKLs will have LTs, LtCdrs, and Cdrs.

Hope this helps.
Husky_MatrixForum

Not sure that size of unit determines selection of commanders.
Smaler unit at same base have much more commanders to select

Attachments
lead.jpg
lead.jpg (246.59 KiB) Viewed 41 times
ckammp

Post by ckammp »

The unit in your first example is a float plane squadron based on a sub, and with only 1 plane. Your second example is a land-based float plane squadron with 9 planes.
It makes sense that a small, 1-plane unit would not have the same selection of available leaders as a larger, 9-plane unit.  
Husky_MatrixForum

Sory but I have 2 land-based float plane squadrons in my second example to compare.
ckammp

Post by ckammp »

The unit in your first example is a float plane squadron, originally based on the sub I-19. 
Just because you transferred it to a base doesn't change the fact that it is a 1-plane unit, which is why you have a limited number of low-ranking leaders available to command the unit.
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

Second example looks like it has 24 planes not 1 , unless I'm missing something. However it also appears to be a detachment which might well account for the lower ranking leader choice.
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
ckammp

Post by ckammp »

ORIGINAL: Rob Brennan UK

Second example looks like it has 24 planes not 1 , unless I'm missing something. However it also appears to be a detachment which might well account for the lower ranking leader choice.

The OP's first example is a 1-plane float plane squadron from sub I-19, which he transferred to Tokyo.
The second example is a 9-plane land based float plane squadron.
The third example is a 3-plane land based float plane squadron.

In the first and third examples, the size of the units (1-3 a/c) and a/c types (float planes), are the reason for the limited number of low-rank commanders available.
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Hm the only thing they have common on a first glance is the ones with less choice have no HQ assigned. (or CV)

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”