'Carrier Surprise' campaigns release 1.0

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Deckard B26354

'Carrier Surprise' campaigns release 1.0

Post by Deckard B26354 »

Carrier Surprise mod v1.0 for War in the Pacific AE 1102a

Carrier Surprise mod description:

This mod makes slight changes to 3 of the original WITP AE campaign scenarios:

- War in the Pacific: The Full Campaign

- War in the Pacific: The Full Campaign (Quiet China)

- War in the Pacific: The Full Campaign (Ironman)

What would have happened if Chuichi Nagumo's wish had come true, and the surprise Japanese attack force had caught the 3 American aircraft carriers docked at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941? How long would the Pacific war have been prolonged? Would Midway island have fallen to the Japanese in early 1942 without the protection of those 3 American carriers? Now you can find out- what if...

'Due to bad planning or just plain bad luck, the Lexington, Enterprise, and Saratoga aircraft carriers are all caught by surprise while docked at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. They are sitting ducks as the Japanese carrier planes begin their attacks. Due to catching all 3 American carriers by surprise at Pearl Harbor, Chuichi Nagumo will probably decide to risk sending at least one more wave of attack planes to finish them off.'

These modded campaign games can be played as either the Japanese or Americans. Playing as the Japanese will make the game slightly easier, especially for the first couple years of the war. Playing as the Americans will make the game slightly harder, due to the loss of 3 carriers at the beginning of the war.

Original campaigns created by WITP:AE Team; modified by Deckard B26354

download v1.0
"O.K., bad joke... I made a bad joke. You're not a replicant. Go home, O.K.? No, really - I'm sorry, go home. "
RyanCrierie

RE: 'Carrier Surprise' campaigns release 1.0

Post by RyanCrierie »

Oh hell yes; I love it.

And unlike so many Alternate Histories; it MAKES SENSE.

FYI: The people who keep pushing the "third strike" always leave out the fact that the USN had begun work on a huge underground tank farm capable of holding 5.4 million barrels of fuel oil in 20 vaults in...December 1940.

The first vault was completed 28 Sep 1942; and by 20 July 1943; all the vaults were ready to receive fuel oil. If the tank farm goes up in flames; this work will be accelerated; and the USN will just have several dozen tankers and barges lying at anchor in pearl as a floating oil depot until the vaults are complete.
chesmart

Post by chesmart »

I like it as well nice concept
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: che200

I like it as well nice concept

Nice concept but a PITA for the Allied player![:)]
The Moose
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Did you add in the re-spawn option in the Editor for this mod??
[center]Image[/center]
Deckard B26354

Post by Deckard B26354 »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Did you add in the re-spawn option in the Editor for this mod??

No re-spawns were added.
"O.K., bad joke... I made a bad joke. You're not a replicant. Go home, O.K.? No, really - I'm sorry, go home. "
Deckard B26354

Post by Deckard B26354 »

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

Oh hell yes; I love it.

And unlike so many Alternate Histories; it MAKES SENSE.

FYI: The people who keep pushing the "third strike" always leave out the fact that the USN had begun work on a huge underground tank farm capable of holding 5.4 million barrels of fuel oil in 20 vaults in...December 1940.

The first vault was completed 28 Sep 1942; and by 20 July 1943; all the vaults were ready to receive fuel oil. If the tank farm goes up in flames; this work will be accelerated; and the USN will just have several dozen tankers and barges lying at anchor in pearl as a floating oil depot until the vaults are complete.

RyanCrierie, that's very interesting about the underground tank farm. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy the mod. [:)]
derhexer

Post by derhexer »

I got a scenario could not load msg when I tried to start your mods. Any suggestions?[&o]

Chris
Chris
(Did you ever stop to think and forget to start?)
RyanCrierie

Post by RyanCrierie »

Hmm question. Shouldn't the carriers caught in Pearl Harbor have Essexes named after them in the later queue?

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”