printed manual with physical shipment?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Darrell999

printed manual with physical shipment?

Post by Darrell999 »

Does the physical shipment come with a printed manual? And if it does, I'm also wondering, is it in color? Thanks!
ASHBERY76

RE: printed manual with physical shipment?

Post by ASHBERY76 »

No.
Darrell999

Post by Darrell999 »

Thanks, good to know--I don't know why anyone would ever bother with getting a box for $10 when they can just burn their own disc.
drillerman

Post by drillerman »

I have to agree, I bought the physical + digital then found out it had no printed manual. Couldn't see the point of buying the physical copy. I do think Matrix need to give a slight incentive to anyone buying the physical copy especially at £42!!!! . However, if paying £42 means the game is supported and patched/updated for a long time then I suppose I don't mind so much.
Huh?
JonathanStrange

Post by JonathanStrange »

IF I think a manual is especially interesting reading OR simply very useful, I'll have it printed and spiral bound at Kinkos. Though it has been awhile...

Dominions 3 came with a magnificent manual.

It was a worthwhile selling point, imo.
The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of Matrix Games, the forum members of Matrix Games, the forum moderators, or JonathanStrange.
BigWolfChris

Post by BigWolfChris »

I've only briefly gone through the manual pdf, so my question is... is it worth reading?  Or am I'm better learning by playing as I've been doing?
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”