War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SeanD

War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update!

Post by SeanD »

New variable resolution complete with widescreen support and so much more!

Matrix Games and Henderson Field Designs are proud to release a major new update for their award winning WWII Pacific Theatre mega game, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition! The new comprehensive 1.01.02a update comes with heaps of changes, fixes, and improvements including support for variable resolutions and even widescreen support. Gone are the days of 1024x768 – you can now see as much of the gorgeous map as your monitor will allow! Other changes include adjustments to anti-sub warfare and torpedo effectiveness, many interface improvements, gameplay improvements galore, and much more – well over 100 changes, fixes and improvements.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Unparalleled in its realism and scope, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a must-have for any Pacific Theatre buff. This new update, the third official update since its release, ensures that War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition will continue to remain on many hard drives for years to come!”

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is the result of many additional man-years of development from a dedicated and experienced team including subject matter experts and experienced programmers. This has resulted in an improved War in the Pacific experience across the board. This is the entire War in the Pacific down to individual aircraft, vehicles, ships, guns and squads - more than just a game, it's an encyclopedia of the war compiled from many sources to an unmatched level of detail. Add in a much improved AI and more secure PBEM play and you have the makings of a new classic!

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is a stand-alone release which does not require ownership of War in the Pacific. The Admiral’s Edition installation process will not overwrite original War in the Pacific files, but instead the expansion installs along side the original installation of the game and runs as a separate game.

The individual features and improvements to Admiral’s Edition are far too numerous to mention in total in this announcement, but the product page link below goes into enough detail to please any War in the Pacific fan.

As our first "Collector's Edition", the boxed version also comes with a Full Color Printed 330 page manual!

War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a stand-alone release and does not require War in the Pacific to install and play.

This update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition to version 1.01.02a. Matrix Games recommends that all owners of War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition update to this version.

Get the update here.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
sdevault

RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update!

Post by sdevault »

Quote from the patch release....

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Unparalleled in its realism and scope, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a must-have for any Pacific Theatre buff. This new update, the third official update since its release, ensures that War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition will continue to remain on many hard drives for years to come!”

Well, David, this game is NEVER leaving my hard drive!
TommyG

Post by TommyG »

Where do I go to see what's in the update?
Reg

Post by Reg »

Have a look at the readme file in this thread: The patch is out!

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Kull

Post by Kull »

ORIGINAL: Reg

Have a look at the readme file in this thread: The patch is out!

There's at least one undocumented feature that first appeared in the 1.01b Public beta - the names of three USAFFE HQs changed:

North Luzon Force ---> I Philippine Corps
South Luzon Force ---> II Philippine Corps
Mindanao Force Corps ---> III Philippine Corps

Not a huge issue, but has anyone spotted other unmentioned changes between Patch 2 and 3?
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

Well, I've encountered a feature in the patch that *was* documented, but not in great detail. The supply routines in patch 3 have changed significantly. The largest port in an area will try to suck up supply from surrounding bases that don't need it. You can apparently manage this change by using the request-supply buttons for bases that need supply. It may be a change for the better, but at least temporarily, players may see some surprising changes in their supply (and fuel) allocation.

For more details, see my thread at tm.asp?m=2395397 , and especially the responses from Treespider and Joe Wilkerson.
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

Bravo on the new patch!

No longer feels like I'm playing WitPAE on my I-Pod.  Game's beautiful in full screen.

And my garrisons aren't starving anymore!  Whoopee!
Methuen

Post by Methuen »

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but... I reinstalled WitP AE from my CD, then updated it with just the latest patch - v1.01.02. The wide screen feature did not work!! So went back and reinstalled from the CD again, then installed the v1095DR patch followed by the v1.01.02 patch and hey presto I've got wide screen again! Not sure what cause is for this?
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

There is no difference between the EXEs.

Did you modify the shortcut's properties to set the wide screen parameters?
Or just use the one installed.

A modified shortcut might be installed by the intermediate patch, but you should have been able to modify the final shortcut from the "CD->patch" install.
Michael
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

So I have 1.02.1094 version right now. Can I just DL and install this patch and have it run okay? Are there likely to be more patches that will substantially change the game, and (for example) mess up PBEM saves?
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

So I have 1.02.1094 version right now. Can I just DL and install this patch and have it run okay? Are there likely to be more patches that will substantially change the game, and (for example) mess up PBEM saves?

Where've you been? [8D]

I just looked at my 'patches' folder, and it looks like you can. Patch 3 was a comprehensive release, but they haven't changed the data for a while anyway.

Do be advised that certain features will require a restart to kick in, like the limiting of overland supplies to the NW Australia area, for example.

Attachments
patches.jpg
patches.jpg (160.13 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Waiting for the patch of course! [:D]
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”