Really annoying

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cmdrcain

Really annoying

Post by Cmdrcain »

Annoying point #1:

Carriers damaged, plane groups divert... good except they divert as fragments to a base or bases.. instead of at the base or bases they land... merging...you have multiple fragment groups..of the SAME group.

In WITP it did not necessary matter so much but in AE with stacking rules, 4-6 fragments of SAME group at same base over stack the base... instead of ONE Frigging fragment and ONE fragment group..

Why has this not been fixed it gets me... as they diverted and landed each should have just merged into the FIRST that landed...it cant be THAT hard to have coded!

Worse problem...

Turn next after they landed...instead of independent ...they switched WITHOUT my leave to the dutch bases RESTRICTED COMMAND!!!

No unit really should be allowed by any code to change the units command if human controlled!

Why is there any code allowing the game to change commands of human controlled? Without Human doing it?

This was computer done...without my permission...now the carrier groups are DUTCH restricted and I have no way once carriers are repaired to transfer back to the Carriers... Bah!

Any suggestions... ( other then disband/withdrawing... too many of them that were diverted
its Two carriers fighter/sdb/tbd groups appx 75 pct so their still good to whack Japanese opponent from land bases...unsinkable carriers..)

I might live with the dutch restricted as can apparent transfer to an ABDA base setup in Australia, but the multiple same group fragments ...instead on landing all of same group merging into one fragment is a real base buster... 18 groups on a AF 2

[:-]
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Battlestar Pegasus
Alfred

RE: Really annoying

Post by Alfred »

All air unit fragments at the same airbase now count as only 1 unit for administrative group stacking purposes.

Alfred
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Same with units in training. If you have 4 fragments and 3 units in training, they all count as 2 units for administrative stacking.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Kadrin

Post by Kadrin »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Same with units in training. If you have 4 fragments and 3 units in training, they all count as 2 units for administrative stacking.

Do you mean units with training as their mission?
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: Kadrin

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Do you mean units with training as their mission?

Yes. Was changed in last patch, it can be seen in patch notes, even when they are bit obscure.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Kadrin

Post by Kadrin »

Nifty, thanks for the info.
Cmdrcain

Post by Cmdrcain »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

All air unit fragments at the same airbase now count as only 1 unit for administrative group stacking purposes.

Alfred

Then explain why base shows red for transporting to... that indicates it is over stacked

Besides.. I dont want 3-6 Sbd group fragments of SAME group, I want not
36 Sbd divided between 6 fragments at SAME base they landed at..
6 per... I would rather 36 in one fragment so they all launch not individually launch or not..

Battlestar Pegasus
Cmdrcain

Post by Cmdrcain »

And theres that switching without ME choosing... from independent to dutch RESTRICTED command!

Limits use to dutch/abda bases...cant transfer all way south to like australias sydney..
that shouldn't occur...switching commands on me... I'm BOSS not the computer.

Battlestar Pegasus
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

i don't think it is necessarily intuitive that all fragments at a base should magically join into one big fragment. i don't know what bases they diverted to, but in actuality, many of the "bases" on the map are multiple airfields within the same hex. not that much of a stretch that some planes diverted to one airstrip and others to another airstrip in the same base hex.

as for changing commands automatically, i would be curious if this is WAD or a bug...have you submitted a save to the appropriate tech sub forum? those are some stingy dutch allies if they sequestered all those diverted planes! [;)]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: Alfred

Alfred

Then explain why base shows red for transporting to... that indicates it is over stacked

Besides.. I dont want 3-6 Sbd group fragments of SAME group, I want not
36 Sbd divided between 6 fragments at SAME base they landed at..
6 per... I would rather 36 in one fragment so they all launch not individually launch or not..

1. Screenshots please.

2. Do the fragments remain as fragments after two or more turns?

3. Do you have a fragment of the same air unit located elsewhere?

4. How come you have an SBD unit with at least 36 planes?

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”