Slow ships taking years to refuel

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

FerretStyle

Slow ships taking years to refuel

Post by FerretStyle »

Wish I was exaggerating. My constructor ships take in-game years to refuel sometimes when they are empty. Up close, it appears that they can't keep up with the orbit speed of whatever it is they are refueling with. But manually controlling the ship makes it go fast enough to catch up (barely).

Seems to only be an issue with constructor ships, probably because they are the slowest thing I can build right now.
Huwie

RE: Slow ships taking years to refuel

Post by Huwie »

Yeah, I really think that constructors' base speed should be increased. Chasing an orbiting planet is pretty silly. Perhaps they were deliberately made slow to prevent rapid expansion but I think they already cost plenty in terms of maintenance so I try to keep their numbers low.
Okim

Post by Okim »

In design screen adjust constructor`s minimum speed (green one IIRC) by adding more engines/removing some components.

Also it is a good idea to put extra fuel tanks to increase the chances of constructors not running out of fuel. Other idea is to add sufficient number of energy collectors to prevent constructor from using its reactors (and thus fuel) while it is building the station. This will make the ship use fuel only when travelling.

Each of these options should increase the time that the constructor will be able to operate without need to refuel. If combined it will further increase constructor`s operational time, but it will also increase it size and thus the cost of it.
PDiFolco

Post by PDiFolco »

I had a similar issue with a colony ship that couldn t catch the planet it wanted to colonise ! Another design issue , big ships need more speed...
PDF

Return to “Tech Support”