Chronicles of the Diamid-AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Kamonrius

Chronicles of the Diamid-AAR

Post by Kamonrius »

From the Cold Ashes we awaken for the first time
================================
We awoke from our cold slumber, stumbling out onto ruined corridors of this sleeper facility. hissing of the realeasing doors and chambers echo throughout the darkness as the dim lighting flickers and fades, not even emergency power someone echoed.
we clamored and bumped into one another, frantic voices, crying of children, it was understandable none of us remember why or fully how we got here, but we are alive. for how long we roamed the halls one could not say but finally a draft of wind could be felt, in another section several people found an exit and pryed the doors open, a glorious light peirced the forboding veil of darkness.

What we gazed upon, would be forever etched in our minds, such beauty.

Hiigara... Our home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A decade later we were able to erect several living sprawls from the devices stored within the lower chambers of the sleeper facility, data cores depicting bits of our culture were also located, as well as some general information, but nothing on our reasoning for being where we were. through the years we came across more who share our fate, many dozens of facilities on this continent alone, a sense of normality set in, old cities sealed below ground were brought to the surface, we relearned several basic technologies and got ourselves in order as best we could because there was one troubling and everpresent fact that dominated our minds, no one, absolutely no one rememebers anything before waking 10 years ago, the old, the young nothing. cities above ground showed signs of battle damage, crashed vessels, disabled defense weapons, yes it was uneasy taking in the death of a people covered in the planets natural beauty....so we assumed.

We Walk amongst the Stars once more
=========================
Many years passed, we located derelict ships in their hangers and replicated them as best we could for vessels of our own, the strongests engines were reserved for the construction ships, it was decided by the Diamid to develop space-worthy ships in orbital stations rather than planet-side, we did not have significant infrastructure to mine the planet itself, basic haulers took the prefabs into orbit and the constructionships were built there. in orbit there was a dense ring of ore, it had to be stimulated to crash planet side so that we could process it and then send it back up as prefabs.

20 years of this hapless inefficient work took place so that the first star port could be built, we were driven to the task not only because of our unexplained origins but because of the Blue Moon that orbits our world, we call it Sunae it is the 2nd closets next to to Angel Moon and the farthest being Te'aran a desert moon. the old construction ships were tasked with servicing the mining ships that made their runs from here to the largest Gas Giant Huuronus and her 5 moons all brimming with resources, the flight was long and arduous on sublight with basic jumpdrives only able to make 30 percent of the journey, and even more unsettling were reports of disturbances just outside the system, passing ships, not ours.

The Diamid took initiative and had an exploration vessel designed with the best improvements we could make on our imperfect reverse engineering of the JumpDrive, our strongest sensors and 5 engines were mounted on the ship and reinforced armor as best we could design and make on the Starport. The Clee'san, Path Finder made way out of the dock, did her test jump to Huuron where she refueled for good measure and proceeded to jump in the general direction of were the *ghost* ships were heading.

Lets hope it was worth it, our coffers are low and getting lower with the station and utility ships going around, the best was put into that ship though people did not care, they were being taxed significantly to fund the project and keep our space born infrastructure afloat.

All too real Ghosts
============
Clee'san Jumped out, half of its fuel reserves depleted. we figured less tanks faster ship but that only matter in sublight, this Jump Drive eats the fuel like mad, we considered turning back and forgoing the exploration it was generally thought whatever event and those responsible for it occured which caused us to sleep must be long gone, even that time is indeterminent since we could never find out just how long everyone was asleep. The Captain suggested we continue and if anything they could send relief, a colonization effort wouldnt be to bad jokingly the captain stated. the Diamid agreed and the Clee'san pushed on.

We reached the system a Massive amber star, our readings indicated stable but there was a great amount of Solar radiation, we are not sure how that would affect us despite the fact we are just outside the system. and then there was movement, a wake of sorts fluttering on the side of a blue gast giant, we moved in for a closer look and saw a station in orbit, fuel was low and soon we would have to dip in the energy reserves itself. we approached.

and then it all went to hell a ship sitting idlely by turned face towards us,something on that ship is powering up someone said, another spoke are those skulls painted on the bow of the ship? the captain yelled HARD TO PORT POWER JUMP DRIVE! but the ship had already opened fire, lasers reeled againts the hull, in one salvo we lost 2 engines and the sensor array, thankfully due to the laser spread the damage was not as bad as it could have been. Several more ships jumped in..the attacking ship flew past us coming around to finish us off, but we managed to jump.....Thank Sajuuk.....

Well, we're not Alone
==============

Clee'san could not make the entire jump, drawing from its energy reserves allowed it to jump in just outside the system but that was it, the damage was too extensive, the hull protected next to nothing of the ship as far as we're concerned...but atleast we made it. luckily a construction ship was sitting on Huuron and made the jump sequence to the last ice world were we sat, just ahead of an asteroid belt. it brought us in for repair and later we returned to Hiigara Starport to relay our encounters.

The Crew spoke their testimonies, many were outraged at the Diamid's ill planning on sending a defenceless ship out into the unknown to pursue unidentified contacts, the accounts were real-time and public for those who attended the event. Clee'san's crew barked ever more at the poor planning and preparation on the Diamids part, people grew uneasy already displaced by the significant tax's placed upon them, and then the Diamid pulled their trumph card.

You survived the attack yes, but you also could have led them here we do not know...so in YOUR ignorance, and poor planning you may have as well doomed us all. a rage boiled in the captains chest but it was no permitted to retort against the Diamid or the clan of which you belong could face heavy penalties, the captain kept silent. The Diamid adjourned the gathering to discuss their next course of action and Clee'san was docked until further notice. this was not without consquence, many Kiiths propose seperating from the Diamid, not enjoying the final say the Diamid has over everything..but these thoughts were quickly hushed, when the feared expectation came to pass.

up-next They Didnt follow you......did they? Jump signature detected...... great
============================================

(yes yes I know I went overboard....sorry with all the extra fodder I had to give everything I observed some reasoning and detail [:(][8|][:D] )

P.S HAI OKIM
HsojVvad

RE: Chronicles of the Diamid-AAR

Post by HsojVvad »

You did not go overboard at all. This is what AAR are fore. I am looking forward to more. Good job, keep it up.
Kamonrius

Post by Kamonrius »

:O seems I am not adept at getting images in my posts.....I have images I took as I went along but I cannot get them on the post lol...the Image feature doesn't work and links are messy :D any help?

Hot on our Heels
===========

a Week following the Subsequent encounter our gas mining ships reported unknown contacts jumping into the system.. 4 ships, larger than anything we are able to make took positions around the mining ships and opened fire. within minutes we lost more then half the mining fleet, the rest jumping back to Hiigara nearly crippled. The pirate vessels turned their weapons on the outpost stations and made short work of their armor.

The situation was dire, Hiigara was defenseless all we held in space significantly was the orbital station which was being overwhelmed with docking calls from the retreating and damaged frieghters, the Diamid had no time to congregate and determine the next course of action.

Because the attacking vessels were already over our world...

We are the Haunted Pirates they uttered, now it has come to our attention that your ships breached our space, and got away no less. we were going to wreak havoc on this system but it seems you are an isolated people. so to prove that we are NOT unreasonable here is our conditions. pay us 20,000 in riches and give us the ship that came to our base, and no harm will come to anymore of your pitiful freight you have 20 hours to respond......

the information was quickly relayed back to the capital of Tiir from the station, after a 4 hour deliberation the Diamid sent their response. We shall comply however the vessel you speak of was destroyed, it was pulled into the outermost gas giants gravity. all hands were lost. the raider vessels stood silent for a time, all now we havae no face to match to these enemies, communication of ours was limited to Audio.

Very well, pay the credits, and we will be on our way, infact we will even make sure no one else comes to take advantage of your vulnerable situation. we did not have a choice. the Pirates left not another shot was fired, and thankfully the space port still stood
We need a way to properly defend ourself.......

Gertjan

Post by Gertjan »

the screenshots are too large to upload/imbed in the posts. I dont know how the others do it. I just upload it to an instant picture website and post the links to the pictures.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'll increase the allowed image size here, hang on a sec...
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Done.

To post an image, click on Post Reply, then check the "Embed picture in post" box, then "Click here to upload!" find the picture you want with Browse and click Ok. All set.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Kamonrius

Post by Kamonrius »

Argh this is cutting into the thread space >_< k the pictures arent that big...Huuron's pic is like 45kb and thats from my computer when I upload they become attachments, i rather not inconvience anyone with a downloading attachment just a in post pic as the others. oh well thank you Erik but increasing the upload limit wasnt needed I was able to place them as attachments earlier ^_^

Return to “After Action Reports”