Freighters being counted as military ships?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

PaladinOO

Freighters being counted as military ships?

Post by PaladinOO »

In response to pirates attacking my freighters and mining stations, I added weapons to my civilian designs for a little self defense capability. Unfortunately, in my current game, the AI players have started to accuse me of sending military ships into their territory. When I've checked this out, all I can find is my armed freighters. Should the AI really be considering these ships as military vessels just from having weapons?
lordxorn

RE: Freighters being counted as military ships?

Post by lordxorn »

You bring up an interesting point. Even real world situations like civilian merchant crews wanting to arm themselves against the somali pirates is one example. International Law has some issues with this, because these civilian trade ships are going into national waters.

The same can be said for DW empires. So maybe there should be a diplomatic option where you can allow freighters to be armed up to a certain firepower.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”