Training Units

Birth of America 2: Wars in America is the much expanded reprise of veteran developer AGEOD’s acclaimed first release, which allows players to command either side of the conflicts before, during and after the American War for Independence between 1636 and 1815. Apart from the engaging turn-based strategy play that has been expanded and vastly improved over the original, Birth of America 2: Wars in America includes major new features like an improved and expanded map including the Mississippi River, new European off-map boxes (France, Great Britain, Spain, Holland) and more.
jjjanos

Training Units

Post by jjjanos »

Playing the F&IW scenario and received a notification that I am able to train a regular step.

How do I do it? I'm assuming this is beyond the normal accumulation of experience.

In fact, what are the short-cut keys? The Ageod forums seem to be down.

Thanks!

Jeff
dunnsa

RE: Training Units

Post by dunnsa »

I think you are referring to the notification that a Military Option is available to purchase a 'Regular' replacement

The training of troops on map occurs automatically when they are with a Drill Master or a Training Officer
AGEOD Volunteer
Visit the AGE Wiki at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page
jjjanos

Post by jjjanos »

I'm not so sure. The message was something akin to "You may now train a regular unit." The notification following this was "British fail to train a regular unit". I.e. The Brits failed to do what I am now allowed to try.
Bison36

Post by Bison36 »

Do militia units under a training officer still "return home" during the winter months? 
dunnsa

Post by dunnsa »

ORIGINAL: jjjanos

I'm not so sure. The message was something akin to "You may now train a regular unit." The notification following this was "British fail to train a regular unit". I.e. The Brits failed to do what I am now allowed to try.

Those are definiely the text associated with options to buy replacements and upgrade units.
The 'Elite' option carries a probability of failure to recruit 1 Elite and 1 Regular replacement

The training option allows you to attempt upgrades of some units.

The 'tooltips' in the Options help explain this

Now that AGEOD forums are up again, I recommend you ask questions there, as the response is usually quicker...
...and the answers are often already there [:)]
AGEOD Volunteer
dunnsa

Post by dunnsa »

ORIGINAL: Bison36

Do militia units under a training officer still "return home" during the winter months? 

They will have the same probability as any 'away from home' Militia until the unit has a majority of Continentals [usually 3/4 trainined up]

Note that "Continentals" can also disband, albeit at a lower probability.

"Trained Continentals" are immune to automatic disband, but some may 'go home for winter' and return as replacements in Spring

AGEOD Volunteer

Return to “Birth of America 2: Wars in America”