Do Not alt Tab

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Misconduct

Do Not alt Tab

Post by Misconduct »

I have a nasty habit of alt-tabbing while in game to read the manual or the forums, seems weird things happen which simply require a save and exit, nothing serious as long as you save and quit game and come back.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Nomad

RE: Do Not alt Tab

Post by Nomad »

I ALT-TAB all the time with no problems.
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I thought I did to, till waypoints from ships started coming out as coordinates and the ships not moving, LCU's wouldnt travel normal, for example you give them a destination and they magically "warp" to the destination when the unit is completely moved to new location.

Nothing that would seriously disrupt a game, and only happens randomly I just have to plot a destination with ships to see if its bugged.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

when I alt tab, sometimes the map scroling os off, just save and reload, but not always and not sure why there would be a differnce, using vista 64 based
"Tanks forward"
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

me too
hbrsvl

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-Here's an alternative: I hit the Microsoft button-at the lower left of the keyboard, second key from left, next to Ctrl. It's the flag key.

This minimizes your game while you do your thing. To go back to game, click the AE icon at bottom of screen next to the Start button. This brings the game back where you got out.

I've seen no problems using this.

Hope this helps. Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
morleron1225

Post by morleron1225 »

My experience is in line with Hugh's though I do tend to alt-tab more than I use the Windows key.  I've got a spreadsheet that I use to keep track of all of my TFs so I'm constantly switching back and forth between the game and it while setting up TFs.  The only problem I've seen is that the map doesn't come back on until I move the cursor to one of the screen edges or close the TF window.  I've seen no problems with LCUs teleporting (unfortunate as some of my Aussie LCUs have a long way to go to get to Darwin) nor TFs simply disappearing or suffering routing issues.  I'm running 64-bit Vista Home Premium on an HP dv9500 laptop. 

I'm not saying you're not having problems.  Just trying to help narrow down the cause.  Good luck.

Ron
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
GnuPG public key available at: pgp.mit.edu

Return to “Tech Support”