Woohoo!!

Can the Blitzkrieg be stopped? Across the Dnepr: Second Edition revisits a classic on a new system. Created from the ground up as an expansion for SSG’s latest acclaimed game engine, Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets, the Second Edition of Across the Dnepr includes Areas of Operations, the latest AI programming and multiple Mystery Variants to keep gamers guessing. Also includes 3 free scenarios in addition to the Across the Dnepr mega-scenario: Operation Husky, Operation Konrad and Kirovograd
Deathtreader

Woohoo!!

Post by Deathtreader »

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At last. at last............it's listed on the forums. Can't be long now boys!!!!

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Otto20000

RE: Woohoo!!

Post by Otto20000 »

This is the part I like:

Includes 3 free scenarios in addition to the Across the Dnepr mega-scenario: Operation Husky, Operation Konrad and Kirovograd[:D]
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I have just had some nostalgia cross my mind...
King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
Llyranor

Post by Llyranor »

Interesting! Though I haven't gotten Kharkov yet. Should get around to playing the other SSG games I have!
U2

Post by U2 »

Fantastic!!! [:)]
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Any idea when?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Very soon! More info should be coming very very soon too. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Great news, looking forward to the release.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
benpark

Post by benpark »

Pictures?

Edit- I see they are up on the website now.
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

nice to see some screenies but it doesn't convey how freakin massive this game is [8D]

edit - the new screenies now give some sense of the huge battles that await...

cheers
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

Credit card ready!!!!
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Curious about how good Operation Konrad got implemented.
Pete AU

Post by Pete AU »

I created Konrad and finished it a few weeks ago. SSG kindly offered to package it with ATD2 so that more people will get to play it. Its a user created scenario set so is provided totally free.

I'm working on other projects for the ATD2 engine so if you like it there will be more user scenarios in the near future.

currently I am playtesting Operation Iskra and have started mapping Guadalcanal. There is more info and screen shots on the SSG forum.
"You don't have to tell me I'm right, we'll assume it".
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

To avoid some confusion with fellow SSG forum members: I'm Abwehr there.

There has been some talk about a Berlin scenario (didn't you intend to do that one at some point, Pete?) and Talos is working on a Caucasus scenario, although I'm not sure whether he'll use the ATD2/updated Kharkov engine.

Various users have also announced/been designing scenarios, but few are near completion.

I'm still mostly busy with editing/"updating" some Battles in Italy scenarios, I hope I'll be able to create scenarios in a while, but it will take some time as I'm not wizard when it comes to creating terrain tiles or unit graphics.

Pete's new scenarios are different from other scenarios in that VP's are (mostly) gained through objectives, not through killing units.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

All good news, thanks for your hard work designing scenarios and thanks SSI/Matrix for the new title.
A Sharif
Pete AU

Post by Pete AU »

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

To avoid some confusion with fellow SSG forum members: I'm Abwehr there.

There has been some talk about a Berlin scenario (didn't you intend to do that one at some point, Pete?) and Talos is working on a Caucasus scenario, although I'm not sure whether he'll use the ATD2/updated Kharkov engine.

Various users have also announced/been designing scenarios, but few are near completion.

I'm still mostly busy with editing/"updating" some Battles in Italy scenarios, I hope I'll be able to create scenarios in a while, but it will take some time as I'm not wizard when it comes to creating terrain tiles or unit graphics.

Pete's new scenarios are different from other scenarios in that VP's are (mostly) gained through objectives, not through killing units.

I have 2 Berlin scenarios planned. Operation Medicine wheel - the proposed 80's defence plan for Berlin vs the Ruskies and Berlin 1945, the 1945 game is proving harder to set out than I thought as I want to use a 2 map system I've been toying with (more on this later). I had a penchant for a change of counter colour so thought I'd try a bit of Jungle warfare for a change to all that snow.

Eventually I'll redo Burma and Sealion for ATD2.
I have done the entire map for AGN - but havent done a game for it yet so If you want a map for the area here Ab - I can lend you one.
I have 2 games just for Romanians vs Soviets that could be good with some work and was looking at Kanev 43 down the track.

I have a playable version of Borodino 1812 that needs a bit of work - but will shelve for now. Who knows SSG may go down the Civil War/Napoleonic path next since this must be the ultimate WW2 engine finished with ATD2.

Cheers
"You don't have to tell me I'm right, we'll assume it".
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Pete AU

I have 2 Berlin scenarios planned. Operation Medicine wheel - the proposed 80's defence plan for Berlin vs the Ruskies and Berlin 1945, the 1945 game is proving harder to set out than I thought as I want to use a 2 map system I've been toying with (more on this later). I had a penchant for a change of counter colour so thought I'd try a bit of Jungle warfare for a change to all that snow.

Eventually I'll redo Burma and Sealion for ATD2.
I have done the entire map for AGN - but havent done a game for it yet so If you want a map for the area here Ab - I can lend you one.
I have 2 games just for Romanians vs Soviets that could be good with some work and was looking at Kanev 43 down the track.

I have a playable version of Borodino 1812 that needs a bit of work - but will shelve for now. Who knows SSG may go down the Civil War/Napoleonic path next since this must be the ultimate WW2 engine finished with ATD2.

Cheers
these sound good. Ive been tempted more than once to work up some scenarios for this system. I may do it yet if I can figure out the map and the AI programming.

Thanks
Rick
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I have been a faithful supporter of everything SSG since Battlefront for the C64. Still, it is good--and I think very important for sales--that you're including 3 additional scenarios with the expansion. As well as some interesting tweaks. If it is priced as an expansion, I'm sure everyone will pick it up.

What Pete AU is doing is so important. I have designed many scenarios for the old Korsun system. My thinking is, I will get around to learning the new editors some day. Maybe others feel like this, which is why there is a dearth of scenarios.

Meanwhile, I would pay $10 for two or three well-designed scenarios by a pro like Pete. Food for thought.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I have been a faithful supporter of everything SSG since Battlefront for the C64. Still, it is good--and I think very important for sales--that you're including 3 additional scenarios with the expansion. As well as some interesting tweaks. If it is priced as an expansion, I'm sure everyone will pick it up.

What Pete AU is doing is so important. I have designed many scenarios for the old Korsun system. My thinking is, I will get around to learning the new editors some day. Maybe others feel like this, which is why there is a dearth of scenarios.

Meanwhile, I would pay $10 for two or three well-designed scenarios by a pro like Pete. Food for thought.

rosseau,

The first SSG game I bought was the Battlefront for the C64. And it was also the first time I created my own scenario. And I've been a fan ever since.

Rick
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Yes I think my first SSG game was Battlefront on my C128. Dates us doesn't it :-)
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

Return to “Across the Dnepr - Second Edition”