Autosave, for the love of god we need autosave!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Sammual

Autosave, for the love of god we need autosave!

Post by Sammual »

My game keeps crashing about 3 hours in and the damn game is so engrossing that my last save is over an hour old.
PLEASE add an autosave feature in the next patch!

Sammual

P.S. I love the game but don't expect me to stop playing it long enough to review it until I can finish a game (Never unless I an autosave or an egg timer).
lordxorn

RE: Autosave, for the love of god we need autosave!

Post by lordxorn »

I agree there needs to be an autosave, however the time it takes to save the game can can kind of be annoying. I just autosave myself manually when I need a drink or potty break. I find this method works quite well, also I have yet to experience a crash in Windows 7. I have even left the game running for 3+ hours while my family and I went to the mall.
JohnM_slith

Post by JohnM_slith »

If not an autosave feature, maybe a reminder can pop-up at selectable intervals to remind you to save.
impact

Post by impact »

I had the same problem. Should you be using Windows 7, run the distantworlds.exe as admin in compatibility mode (set to windows xp sp3). Stopped crashing after that.
I am not sure if Windows 7 or 64-bit OSes in general are the problem, but if you use either, you might want to give this a try.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

For the next patch there is at least a quick-save option (Ctrl-S). Autosave will get in there soon too, though not in the next patch.
PDiFolco

Post by PDiFolco »

As lordxorn says, an autosave will be annoying as saving takes maybe 1 minute on a fairly decent machine (i5 proc w/ dual 320 GB disks)... Some optimization would be welcome !
PDF

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”