Requests

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

impact

Requests

Post by impact »

Hey,
so, I just bought it, installed it and looked at the tutorials. It looks awesome so far, but I do have a few simple requests:
1. If you could, please make the zoom seamless (instead of "jumping" a few steps back and forth between zoomlevels, fluently and quickly pull the camera back if you zoom out for example - makes it ALOT easier to navigate)
2. Please adjust your check for keypresses. Usually putting the currently pressed keys into an array and adjusting the gamestate accordingly once every update call gives you fluent motion. However, in DW the scrolling with the cursor keys is very jittery compared to mouse scrolling. As I think most of the people will use the cursor keys for scrolling, it would be great if this could be more fluent.

drillerman

RE: Requests

Post by drillerman »

Yes, I agree with Impact. The zooming could do with being seemless, like Sins of a solar empire.
Huh?
impact

Post by impact »

oh, and something else you might want to add which would be great for the usability: middle-mouse button = panning. that way you could just hold your mmb and "drag" the map :)
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

The game is not 3d so you will not get seamless zooming.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

The game is not 3d so you will not get seamless zooming.

Correct. Elliot worked on this a lot and got it to where it is. With an above average system it zooms pretty smooth.
Siljanus

Post by Siljanus »

Hi!

Was wondering if it's possible to have new ships "spawn" away from the planet/spaceport they are being built from.  Was trying to give some orders to individual ships and they were rather lost among a pile of ships on top of the planet.

Just starting to dig into the game.  I think if you just trust the automation for a while and explore small chunks of the game at the time that might be the easiest way to tackle this game.  I am looking forward to playing/learning more though!

Thanks!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”