What will be in the next patch?

Armada 2526 continues the great tradition of space opera games. You guide your race from its first interstellar journeys, until it becomes a mighty galactic empire. Along the way, you'll explore the galaxy, conduct research, diplomacy and trade, found new colonies, maneuver mighty star fleets, and fight epic battles.

Moderator: MOD_Armada2526

pad152

Post by pad152 »

Ntronium

RE: What will be in the next patch?

Post by Ntronium »

The next patch is mainly focusing on improving the battles, refining ship behavior, balance tweaking etc, and also some UI improvements.
There'll also be a feature to fight a custom battle from the main menu.
There'll be some UI improvements on the star map too, and a graphical makeover of the star map and front end menus.

There's actually a huge amount of stuff I'd like to do for this patch, but I'm not sure yet exactly how much will make it in.
pad152

Post by pad152 »

ORIGINAL: Ntronium

The next patch is mainly focusing on improving the battles, refining ship behavior, balance tweaking etc, and also some UI improvements.
There'll also be a feature to fight a custom battle from the main menu.
There'll be some UI improvements on the star map too, and a graphical makeover of the star map and front end menus.

There's actually a huge amount of stuff I'd like to do for this patch, but I'm not sure yet exactly how much will make it in.

Sounds good, it would be nice to get info on enemy ship type (mouse over) during ship battles!
Wade1000

Post by Wade1000 »

Thanks, Ntronium. I look forward to the updates.
Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.
siRkid

Post by siRkid »

Love the game and it just keeps getting better. Thanks!
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Will the new race be in the next patch?
SirGarnet

Post by SirGarnet »

ORIGINAL: pad152
Sounds good, it would be nice to get info on enemy ship type (mouse over) during ship battles!

It already gives you ship type (not race though) if you mouse over while paused.
Ntronium

Post by Ntronium »

There's quite a bit of stuff in the new patch, but unfortunately the new race will have to wait for the one after.
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

More than new races, I think the game needs more exploration related stuff (like ruins and system bonuses) to get more attention, with more AARs being posted. The game is interesting, but it doesn't generate much forum traffic due to the lack of stories to share with others IMO.
Zakhal

Post by Zakhal »

Id like to start a new game but waiting for this patch.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Vlad77

Post by Vlad77 »

I'm happy to see that Armada 2526 is still being developed. What a wealth we have this year with Distant Worlds AND Armada 2526.

I have just one SMALL complaint though: the sound used to signify turn's end reminds me of scissors.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
SirGarnet

Post by SirGarnet »

System bonuses are already in there, but a few special artifacts providing some benefit would not be bad.  I'm not a big fan of collecting space junk, but it would give pirates and traders something to do.

Is there information about new races? 

I'm actually happy with the current mix, although the Xenophobic vanilla Klurgu aren't as aggressive as I would have hoped (have to see the super-xenophobic faction in action) and the pirates need seem to need a helping hand from a friendly power in the Twelve Races. 

I have a soft spot for sci-fi space "bugs", lizards, berserkers, or the like that infest the dark reaches of space and remote planets but encroach and then overwhelm all opposition unless firmly stopped - they won't make and can't even understand peace, love or rock and roll.

One reason this game may be less likely to spawn AARs is that events on much of the map are unknown to the player, in contrast to those where one can follow the progress of each country to some extent through the entire game. 
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

ORIGINAL: Vlad77
I have just one SMALL complaint though: the sound used to signify turn's end reminds me of scissors.

Everyone and their mother hates the scissors sound [;)]
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

ORIGINAL: MikeKO

System bonuses are already in there, but a few special artifacts providing some benefit would not be bad.

I obviously meant something other than the usual money-related bonuses, which get kind of dull. Of course, the game being driven by money mostly makes it hard to have other interesting stuff.

I'm not a big fan of collecting space junk, but it would give pirates and traders something to do.

Well, at least naming the trade goods would kind of make trade a bit more interesting - even if it doesn't really change anything. Sometimes some fluff does improve the experience.

Is there information about new races?

http://ntronium.com/simplemachinesforum ... opic=449.0

I'm actually happy with the current mix, although the Xenophobic vanilla Klurgu aren't as aggressive as I would have hoped (have to see the super-xenophobic faction in action) and the pirates need seem to need a helping hand from a friendly power in the Twelve Races.

You can mod the game to make the Klurgu more Xenophobic. In my mod I changed Xeno level for one of the 3 K factions, because the descriptions of the factions didn't match their Xeno levels.
The Unn, well, they need to be fixed so that they actually do anything by themselves. And the PGTC too.
One reason this game may be less likely to spawn AARs is that events on much of the map are unknown to the player, in contrast to those where one can follow the progress of each country to some extent through the entire game. 

Well, finding unusual stuff in star systems may prompt people to write AARs more, that was my point. I don't think I should have info on stuff I cannot know just to write AARs. [;)]
Ntronium

Post by Ntronium »

There could probably be some news of climactic battles and similar to give a little bit of information about what is going on with the other players.
gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

When is the patch suppose to arrive? Im basing my purchase on this patch. Thanks.
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

End of the month probably.
ETF

Post by ETF »

ANY MP support at all coming?
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Haven't seen anything in that direction in Neutron's posts. The next patch will be mostly about combat, and some UI improvements.
Ntronium

Post by Ntronium »

MP support will probably come one day, but not this day.
Most likely as part of an ex-pack, as it'll require several months work.

Return to “Armada 2526 Series”