1.08.01 Beta

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Dancing Bear

1.08.01 Beta

Post by Dancing Bear »

Hi Marshall
I know you were away, but any feed back from the testers on 1.08 and any update on the release date? I know Del reported a serious bug with loading the GB reinforcement phase in the first month (maybe related to the out of synch error that you can get if one player uses an incorrect backup).
DB
Marshall Ellis

RE: 1.08.01 Beta

Post by Marshall Ellis »

I just delivered a new image to the testers. Del relayed some battle file info to me but had not been able to dupe as far as I know now? I don't remember a reinf issue???

Del, any feedback?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

I have plans to work on it tonight. I have a bundle of test games and test conditions, etc.

One of the bigger plans I have is to create a test case for every rule in the rule book. That may take some time and is probably not likely to see the light of day until release 1.15 or so, but I'm working on creating test cases for all of the "broken" rules for each mantis bug presented to date.
--
Del
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Roger - Over!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Sorta

Post by Sorta »

Very, very approximately when will 1.08 be finished for the general player?

Regards, Angus

Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

We hope very soon but the simul diplomacy and eco needs more testing.
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Can either Marshall or the testers report on how is the testing going? I notice that it has been more than a month since an issue on Mantis has been resolved. Are we just confirming Mantis errors have been fixed? Is this something that we can help with?
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

Marshall has given the OK to release to beta. I have given it a bit of a thrashing, it's not too bad although a bit rough in a few places. A lot of the combat bugs are fixed. It will require a bit more careful testing once more people have hold of it, there's only a limited amount of time I can put into it.
--
Del
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Well Del, if you need some help with a systematic testing process (something like assigning different Mantis reports to individuals), let me know, and maybe I (and others) can help with the testing once we get the 1.08 BETA (I'm assuming here, we can run the 1.08 without upsetting ongoing games).
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Yes BUT make sure when you install the new BETA coming up that you install to a different folder which should keep things separate!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

Well Del, if you need some help with a systematic testing process (something like assigning different Mantis reports to individuals), let me know, and maybe I (and others) can help with the testing once we get the 1.08 BETA (I'm assuming here, we can run the 1.08 without upsetting ongoing games).

One of the things that I'm slowly working towards is to have valid test cases for all of the rules.

i.e. to move away from testing and retesting the same bugs to testing things like "does the game work in the rules as printed"? If the question to that can be answered "100% yes" then there should be no more bugs.

This is a slow process involving a lot of test games and if anyone has some games to contribute to that it'd be appreciated. I'm putting together a spreadsheet with the basic test cases outlined and once that's done we can divide and conquer on the test games.
--
Del
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Thanks for the hard work Del!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: delatbabel

Marshall has given the OK to release to beta. I have given it a bit of a thrashing, it's not too bad although a bit rough in a few places. A lot of the combat bugs are fixed. It will require a bit more careful testing once more people have hold of it, there's only a limited amount of time I can put into it.

Well, there's gazfun's game that should almost be complete by now, so that should help.
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

ORIGINAL: delatbabel

Well, there's gazfun's game that should almost be complete by now, so that should help.
Gee thanks mate [;)]
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Gaz:

Hold your start because I am chasing the reinf phase issue that has popped up. It would stop you guys at the first reinf phase. Hang tight...
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

gazfun

Post by gazfun »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Gaz:

Hold your start because I am chasing the reinf phase issue that has popped up. It would stop you guys at the first reinf phase. Hang tight...
Ok cant do anything anyway till I get a copy of it
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

You mean this game isn't over yet? I would have thought that it would have been based on how much of a rush you were in to get started and push turns through... interesting. [:D]
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Hi Marshall,
what is the status of the 1.08 BETA these days? Did you crack the reinforcement phase bug?
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Nope, not yet. We still do not have a good dupe scenario yet. We have submitted 1.08.01 for BETA release and I'm working 1.08.02 as we speak which will have the reinf fix when we can get a good dupe!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Nope, not yet. We still do not have a good dupe scenario yet. We have submitted 1.08.01 for BETA release and I'm working 1.08.02 as we speak which will have the reinf fix when we can get a good dupe!

Can't help you here. I think only a couple of the testers have 1.08, so it is up to them.

Del put a save on Mantis, but I assume this does not adequately cover it.

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”