WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

n01487477

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Marc

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Should I add these together for the first number and still leave the second in brackets?

[:D]

I'd say yes. That would be nice.
Done ... Floyd will get some src code tomorrow [8D]

The base screen now has Engineers (not vehicles yet), Naval Support (with HQ extended support in parenthesis) & Aviation Support - with a bit of rearranging of the columns.

The LCU screen has NavS, AviationS and support ... engineers might come later or replace support.

Attachments
capture1.jpg
capture1.jpg (254.96 KiB) Viewed 35 times
fflaguna

Post by fflaguna »

Suggestion: On the Victory Points screen (which I look at every turn), it would be nice if we could have the graph also show total naval ships sunk and total aircraft lost per turn and also total.
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: fflaguna

Suggestion: On the Victory Points screen (which I look at every turn), it would be nice if we could have the graph also show total naval ships sunk and total aircraft lost per turn and also total.

Shouldn't be hard to add. Stand by...
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

One thing I tend to be caught out on is when a unit changes its name/designation. I suddenly can't find the unit under the old name.
Would it make sense to display when it changes and to what somewhere (knowing the old name might be useful too once it changes).
Maybe with the withdraw/disband date.
They might be useful on the unit/group screen.

PS I haven't got around to loading this yet so if it is already there please excuse my ignorance.
Michael
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

One thing I tend to be caught out on is when a unit changes its name/designation. I suddenly can't find the unit under the old name.
Would it make sense to display when it changes and to what somewhere (knowing the old name might be useful too once it changes).
Maybe with the withdraw/disband date.
They might be useful on the unit/group screen.
I believe that we check the name each turn, so if it changes - we don't at present keep the original name, the only reference is the ID number. I guess we could alert the user that it has changed.

We have the withdrawal dates showing, but I guess it can be improved by showing the linkages (units and names - in the bottom display panel).
PS I haven't got around to loading this yet so if it is already there please excuse my ignorance.
Wait a little more -- it's getting better all the time [;)]
fflaguna

Post by fflaguna »

ORIGINAL: floydg

ORIGINAL: fflaguna

Shouldn't be hard to add. Stand by...
Great, keep up the hard work. This program is a great help.
floydg

Post by floydg »

Here is what I was able to work up.

Comments?

Toddr22_slith

Post by Toddr22_slith »

Very nice.  I would like to thank both of you for all of your hard work.  Like everyone else has said, it is appreicated.
fflaguna

Post by fflaguna »

floydg, I love it. It'll be nice to load all my turns and see. I can tell it took a bit of work to get it set up and polished. Thank you!
ClaudeJ

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

Post by ClaudeJ »

Hello Tracker Team,

up to yesterday I was an happy user of the tracker but, to my biggest disappointment, I'm facing an issue since this morning and I can't get the Tracker to work at all.

Google intensively worked but didn't found something helpful, at least in an understandable fashion. Several saves also have been tried, I even saved a scen while playing windowed rather than full screen, the memory allocation have even been extended but it didn't solved the case.

Here is a screenshot of the error message:

Any any clue what's going on?
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Jan Masterson

Hello Tracker Team,

up to yesterday I was an happy user of the tracker but, to my biggest disappointment, I'm facing an issue since this morning and I can't get the Tracker to work at all.

Google intensively worked but didn't found something helpful, at least in an understandable fashion. Several saves also have been tried, I even saved a scen while playing windowed rather than full screen, the memory allocation have even been extended but it didn't solved the case.

Looks like the routine that gets the images from the ART directory didn't work properly. Did you ever get WitPTracker AE to run with the settings in the your [font="Courier New"]witptracker.properties [/font] file?
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Jan Masterson

Hello Tracker Team,

One other Q to add to Floyd's...
Are you using just stock ART/Map or have you changed something lately ? Maybe there has been some corruption to your Art folder ...

Any chance of a quick reinstall of AE to write over the Art dir again ?
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

It's back on tracks!

As Damian suspected, it was my ART folder that was the source of the problem.

In fact, yesterday I installed the "Mission" art Mod by Subchaser that I found on Spooky's site... without noticing that it was made in late 2004, obviously not for WITP AE.

Lesson Learned: Do not install mods on Saturday night!

Thank you both, very much.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
Mac Linehan

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5 Available

Post by Mac Linehan »

Floyd and Damien -

Again, Thank You for such an awesome too - that is constantly improved. I am still learning how to interpret and make use of all the information that is presented; could not make it thru a turn without Tracker!

Mac
LAV-25 2147
n01487477

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5 Available

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Floyd and Damien -

Again, Thank You for such an awesome too - that is constantly improved. I am still learning how to interpret and make use of all the information that is presented; could not make it thru a turn without Tracker!

Mac
Cheques in the mail Mac ... more coming in the days, weeks, months to come ...
floydg

WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available

Post by floydg »

What started out as a quick fix to resolve a few bugs turned into a bunch of new features. I'm sure nobody will complain... [:D]

Release 1.5.1 is available here.

New Features:
[*]Support items shown in Base panel (engineers shown as squads + vehicles*5, aviation support as-is, naval support shown as total with other HQ in range's support applied in parenthesis)
[*]Support items shown in LCU panel (engineers shown as squads + vehicles*5, aviation and naval support as-is)
[*]History tables in Ship Repairs panel can now sort
[*]Supply levels shown in LCU panel, filter added to show only those that have less than needed
[*]SigInt pattern with a ship count added to Intel panel

Bugs Fixed:
[*]Ship upgrades for all ships should work now (upgrade ID's greater than 2000 didn't work before). For this to work, however, you'll need to start over with a new database.
[*]Intel file reading for the first of a month works (date routine was messed up)

This release should work with your 1.5 database (except as noted above), so just drop in the witptracker.jar file and track away.

The next release will add new beans to be counted, so stand by...

Floyd and Damian
Wittmann30

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available

Post by Wittmann30 »

Hey Floyd and Damian,

have many thanks for your effort and your excellent tool!

Cheers,

Wittmann
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.”

- Chester W. Nimitz -
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Just to add ...

I just want to point out the engineer/aviation/naval numbers (unlike the game), reflect the realities of not counting disabled devices. We also made a point of not counting any units that are in rest/reserve/Strat mode (base screen).

Hope this clears up any queries before they appear ...

Can I have a few weeks off now please? [8D]

Enjoy
Damian
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

You guys rock, take a day off. [:D] Since we forgot to sign your paycheck you will have to take some time off. Thank you both.
championzhao

Post by championzhao »

[font="Trebuchet MS"]ÎÒÃÇÕýÔÚÖÆ×÷WITP-AEµÄÖÐÎİ棬µ«ÊÇÕâ¸öWitPTracke¸ú×ÙÈí¼þ»á²¿·Ö²»Ö§³ÖÖÐÎĵÄÏÔʾ£¬Óеĵط½´æÔÚÂÒÂëÏÖÏó¡£

Çë½Ì£¬ÄÜ·ñÈÃÕâ¸öÈí¼þÍêÃÀÖ§³Ö¶ÁÈ¡Ë«×Ö½ÚÊý¾Ý£¿
·Ç³£¸Ðл[/font]
The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”