THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AW1Steve

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

And page 666 goes to Steve. [:'(]

Yep! Don't mess with me dud! [:D]

Hope CB kicks your @ss. [:'(]

We will see! [:D] So when are you going to "kick my @ss"? [&:] I seem to recall out last match up was a draw. Extremely bloody , but a draw none the less! [:D]
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Apollo11

I am at the Mediterranean Conference in Cavtat near Dubrovnik for the next week...

Thats quite a lesson in medieval fortification. I'd bet that Jack Aubrey wouldnt be cutting any ships out of this harbor. [:D]

Yep... this is one of the most beautiful sea medieval cities in Europe...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Naw...just the "Dude brothers". .....[:D]

Dont hate, dude. Thats like, totally lame. [:-]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I knew some guys that were very much like Jeff Spicoli, Bill or Ted (from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure) in HS...amusing (and scary) at the time, too.

Did you have your own trenchcoat mafia or was that after your time?
Dude. That was Colorado, dude.

Also not my exact fit. I hung out with the nerds / spazzes. While I dabbled in the occasional illegal juvenile male enterprises, the TCM was so not my cup o tea.

That was well after my time too.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Sorry "dude" .That's my Yankee upbringing! [:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Totally.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Dude, what's a Yankee?
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Dude, what's a Yankee?

It's a Huron mispronunciation of Anglais , the French word for English , dating from the French & Indian war, (also known as Spanish war of succession and Queen Anne's War). Today the term is generally applied to Americans born above the Mason-Dixon line, Especially applied to those from Northern New England. [:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

Yeah....and I'm talking with the beast....and his brother! [:D]

do you mean all threadster brothers are the brothers of The Beast ? [:D]

This discussion is reminding me of this commercial. It still makes me laugh...[:D]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0927712127#
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

My first earstwhile GF was from Santa Monica HS. The Pali girls were a little too high end for my budget. Since daddy wouldn't buy me a Porsche, I had to keep it real somewhere else.

Pali was an interesting urban dynamic population study at the time. 50% surfer kid from upper income area of the Pacific Coast Highway, 50% bussed in from South-central Los Angeles. A very interesting mix. I suppose Venice HS was similar?

I knew some folks from SaMo. My best friend's little sis went to Pali, but that was years later.

Yeah. Venice was 1/3 surfer dudes with seashell necklasses, 1/3 vatos locos (MS13 mostly) and 1/3 Asians from various places. And of course a sprinkling of Russians for balance.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Zssss time... the waves and the sea are just beneath my room balcony... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Between your waves adn T's computer, I think I might have to go on a Euro murder spree.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Dude, what's a Yankee?

It's a Huron mispronunciation of Anglais , the French word for English , dating from the French & Indian war, (also known as Spanish war of succession and Queen Anne's War). Today the term is generally applied to Americans born above the Mason-Dixon line, Especially applied to those from Northern New England. [:D]
Dude-I know that. My question was meant to illustrate that the concepts of "Yankee" and "Southerner" are foreign to Californians. There's Californians and...well...a bunch of other dudes all of whom wish they were in California. Except for the East Coast thang. That ain't nothing but a G-thang, boyyy.
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

We will see! [:D] So when are you going to "kick my @ss"? [&:] I seem to recall out last match up was a draw. Extremely bloody , but a draw none the less! [:D]

I was thinking about it. Since I got the offer my mood had definitely improved by lightyears. But I'm not sure how much time I would be able to devote to the game when I have a new position to learn.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Dude, what's a Yankee?

Dude-I know that. My question was meant to illustrate that the concepts of "Yankee" and "Southerner" are foreign to Californians. There's Californians and...well...a bunch of other dudes all of whom wish they were in California. Except for the East Coast thang. That ain't nothing but a G-thang, boyyy.

Dude---I know that. Actually the best explaination of Yankee/Rebel/Californian came from a Movie. A Tom Cruise movie , may God help us. "Days of Thunder". When the pit chief tries to Quantify the new driver , a californian , for a southern pit crew member! [:D]

"If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. You're not really anything."
gladiatt

Post by gladiatt »

Dude, what's a Yankee?

Err sorry Steve.
Not Spanish war succession (was around 1700-1715, roughly).
But 7 Years wars: 1756-1763 (even beginned earlier in America ! ).
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

I was thinking about it. Since I got the offer my mood had definitely improved by lightyears. But I'm not sure how much time I would be able to devote to the game when I have a new position to learn.
Like I'm going to have so flippin much time?[:D] That's why I play small scenarios. It's five minutes a turn. [:)]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Dude, what's a Yankee?

Err sorry Steve.

Sorry , my mistake. Might it be "war of the austrian succession"? [&:]
gladiatt

Post by gladiatt »

Err sorry Steve.

[/quote]

On this one i am not sure. Usually i am quite good at history, but here, i admit i am not sure.
But it seems to me that this are 2 differents war. War of Austrian succession (but my lessons were 20 years ago !!!) was, in my memory, around 1745;
(yeah, this would mean not a lot of peace on European continent in this centuy....).
gladiatt

Post by gladiatt »

Err sorry Steve.

Anyway, i am trying to figure how "Anglais" became "Yankee" in indian language [&:][:D]
gladiatt

Post by gladiatt »

Err sorry Steve.

On this one i am not sure. Usually i am quite good at history, but here, i admit i am not sure.
But it seems to me that this are 2 differents war. War of Austrian succession (but my lessons were 20 years ago !!!) was, in my memory, around 1745;
(yeah, this would mean not a lot of peace on European continent in this centuy....).
[/quote]

i hope i didn't made everyone fleeing elsewhere, it is usually what happend when someone talk a bit of culture/history/literrature/theater in France.... [:(][8|]

Return to “The War Room”