Some noob land unit questions.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Klahn

Some noob land unit questions.

Post by Klahn »

When I mouse-over a land combat unit, it shows a list of the units present in the hex along with some basic information about that unit. I think I've figured out most of the values, but I'm having trouble with one.

A = Assault strength
F = ? (Thought it might be Fatigue, but the number doesn't match with the fatigue displayed by the unit when I click on it.)
G = Guns usable for bombardment? (It seems to include mortars and indirect fire artillery tubes but not AT or AAA systems.)
E = Engineers
V = Aviation support
S = Support

When I click on the unit I get the "Unit Information Screen." Directly beneath the name of the unit is some type of ratio. I might say 131/137 or somthing similar. What does that mean?
FOW

RE: Some noob land unit questions.

Post by FOW »

F = flak, AAA

131/137 = 131% of unit TO&E is undusrupted / unit is 137% of TO&E size

A full strength unit will appear as 100/100, if a quarter of the devices are disabled it would be 75/100
A damaged unit with 20% of devices destroyed would look like 80/80, again if a quarter disabled it would be 60/80

hope this helps
fflaguna

Post by fflaguna »

What's the difference between damaged and destroyed? Do destroyed devices just take double the supplies to re-add?
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

ORIGINAL: fflaguna

What's the difference between damaged and destroyed? Do destroyed devices just take double the supplies to re-add?

Damaged devices can (eventually) be repaired with adequate supply.

Destroyed devices can be replaced only if there are more of them in the force pool.
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
fflaguna

Post by fflaguna »

Great information, thank you!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”