What ship is this?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John Lansford

What ship is this?

Post by John Lansford »

It's cheating if you google for it!

Attachments
bb.jpg
bb.jpg (265.68 KiB) Viewed 28 times
eMonticello

RE: What ship is this?

Post by eMonticello »

Hmmm... you didn't crop enough of the bottom. I'd say the year would be 1919 or so.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. -- Pudd'nhead Wilson
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

Damn it.  Ok, what year is it?  Didn't see the text at the bottom.

Apparently I fail at this.
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

[:D][:D][:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

Arizona
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

ORIGINAL: Skyros

Arizona

Wow, what gave it away? Maybe the title at the bottom I forgot to remove?

I once had that photo sent me directly from PH's public affairs office, after I wrote them a letter asking for information on ships and history of the base way back in the early 70's. The PAO sent me the Arizona photo, a USN official publication on the history of US battleships, the service record of USS Tennessee (my home state), and some other photos of modern ships, along with a handwritten letter answering all of my other questions.
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

Actually I had not seen the title, I had seen the picture and always admired it for its sharpness and clarity. I also like the detail of the bridge and the city in the background. A great photo for its time.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”