WIF Release

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Orm

RE: WIF Release

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: SamuraiProgrammer

How about

Complete Divisional Breakdown Option

or

CDB Option

or

CDBO

Hmm,

Merging suggestions, I come up with: Unlimited Breakdown.

This is different from Unlimited Divisions, which implies you can build as many divisions as you like. Unlimited Breakdown means you can break down all your Corps/Armies into divisions - which is what this optional rule does.
The current name in MWIF is "Unlimited Breakdown".

It was my mistake by beeing unclear when talking about this optional rule.[:(]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
USSLockwood

Post by USSLockwood »

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

or maybe ... we could pay half now ...and half when the game is released ...then matrix games could see how many customers. there are for the game ...and use the money to speed up the development of the game ... 

Sounds like a paid beta to me. Star Trek Online did that, which gave me a chance to look at it (and say no thanks). I'd certainly pay for
a chance to be in on the WiF beta.
Dave
San Diego
Home of the World's Busiest Radar Approach Control
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

I think that is the map scale is changed why not the units scale is changed? Army sizes units were designed for a spicific mapscale so it could be revised.

Really I don't understand the problem here. The European scale is the normal scale. All army are at the same scale. Only the map has three different scales. That was a problem and extension by ADG have always tend to have all map at the same scale. So now that we can make the world at the initial intended scale, then it is done. This is the game as designed! (that is where I disagree with you Neverman, and don't confuse EiA and WiF the problem are different).

Best regards

Skanvak
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Skanvak
I think that is the map scale is changed why not the units scale is changed? Army sizes units were designed for a spicific mapscale so it could be revised.

Really I don't understand the problem here. The European scale is the normal scale. All army are at the same scale. Only the map has three different scales. That was a problem and extension by ADG have always tend to have all map at the same scale. So now that we can make the world at the initial intended scale, then it is done. This is the game as designed! (that is where I disagree with you Neverman, and don't confuse EiA and WiF the problem are different).
Warpite1

Skanvak, see Froonp's Post 43. This point was answered in that post.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: Froonp
ORIGINAL: SamuraiProgrammer

How about

Complete Divisional Breakdown Option

or

CDB Option

or

CDBO

Hmm,

This is different from Unlimited Divisions, which implies you can build as many divisions as you like. Unlimited Breakdown means you can break down all your Corps/Armies into divisions - which is what this optional rule does.
This is not unlimited Breakdown, as you are limited to the corps you have.

Also, you can break down all your Corps/Armies into divisions, but also you can't build back a corps you have broken down into divisions, so for me it is "Expanded Division Breakdown".

It is the "Division Breakdown" option, that is expanded to something better.

agrees ... think that "unlimited". confuses the option ...

but don´t think that "Expanded Division Breakdown" if right. but we are close ..
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
coregames

Post by coregames »

unlimited... expanded...

extended?
"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur
ORIGINAL: Froonp

Hmm,

This is not unlimited Breakdown, as you are limited to the corps you have.

Also, you can break down all your Corps/Armies into divisions, but also you can't build back a corps you have broken down into divisions, so for me it is "Expanded Division Breakdown".

It is the "Division Breakdown" option, that is expanded to something better.

agrees ... think that "unlimited". confuses the option ...

but don´t think that "Expanded Division Breakdown" if right. but we are close ..
something else... don´t understand why it is a option ....

if you don´t want to use the option. then don´t breakdown more corps then there are divisions in the counter mix

from my point of view. we could place it in the game as a upgrade to the breakdown rules..
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: coregames

unlimited... expanded...

extended?
How about Additional Corps Breakdown?
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

Unlimited corps breakdown is fine with me. If you prever another approch Free Corps Breakdown or Unrestricted Corps Breakdown. For me this option is (More) Realist Corps/Division Breakdown management.

Best regards

Skanvak
Orm

Post by Orm »

Unrestricted Corps Breakdown?
Free Corps Breakdown?
Generic Divisions for Breakdown?

Edit: As long as the help text to this option explains what it is I do not care much one way or the other about the name on the option.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Blorsh

Post by Blorsh »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Free Corps Breakdown?

Edit: As long as the help text to this option explains what it is I do not care much one way or the other about the name on the option.
I totally agree, if the rule text explains it well is no so important the name of the option. When we read one option name we have to read options text, if we read bounce combat we have to read the rule, so call it Units breakdown and it covers well enough I see.
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Blorsh

Free Corps Breakdown?

I totally agree, if the rule text explains it well is no so important the name of the option. When we read one option name we have to read options text, if we read bounce combat we have to read the rule, so call it Units breakdown and it covers well enough I see.
Perhaps I worry about word choices too much. That probably comes from programming where using a word that is slightly incorrect can lead you (the programmer) to make bad assumptions about variables and functions that you wrote 6 months ago and about which you have only a fuzzy memory.

It's more likely a good thing in writing the Player's Manual, since the purpose there is to communicate clearly.
Steve

Froonp

Post by Froonp »

Free Corps Breakdown?

I agree about the help text.

The only thing that bugs me, is that calling it "unlimited divisions breakdown" is both wrong (because it is not unlimited at all) and missleading, and is used against the game by people who don't like MWiF. So I prefer things being clear, so that words are not miss-understood and miss-used.
Justascratch

Post by Justascratch »

Unrestricted Corp Breakdown?
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

We have three proposal for  Unrestricted Corps Breakdown.
I really like Generic Divisions for Corps Breakdown from Orm as it sum up quite well what the rule does.
We should choose from this two (a vote?).

Best regards

Skanvak
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Justascratch

Unrestricted Corp Breakdown?
Actually there are some restrictions.

Only corps/armies from a major power can be broken down. This means you can't use the Rumanians to form divisions. Similarly, territorial units can not be broken down. The general rule is that if there are not enough divisions in the counter mix (from WIF FE) for a corps to be broken down, then it can not be broken down using this rule.

Another major restriction is that once a corps has been broken down into generic divisions, it moves to the Broken Down pool and cannot be (re)built. Generic divisions that are destroyed are placed in the Broken Down pool. If sufficient divisions are in the Brooken Down pool to reform a corps, then the corps can be reformed and moved to the Force pool (so it can be rebuilt) and the generic divisions are removed from the game.
Steve

Return to “World in Flames”