Monthly update?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

CSSS

Monthly update?

Post by CSSS »

I forgot where is the monthly update located? has it been done for March?
Sewerlobster

RE: Monthly update?

Post by Sewerlobster »

It will be in the "When" forum which is stickied at the top of MWif's forum page. March's is not up at the time of my post.
Why choose the lesser evil: Vote Cthulhu.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: SewerStarFish

It will be in the "When" forum which is stickied at the top of MWif's forum page. March's is not up at the time of my post.
I just posted the monthly report for March in the 'When' thread.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
oscar72se

Post by oscar72se »

Funny, a thread discussing the thread [:D]
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

There were too many off topics in the mother thread.
celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

I agree, is it possible to sticky a new monthly update topic, and only allow the developer to post?
Order is nothing more than Chaos on a bad day.

Dave
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

ORIGINAL: celebrindal

I agree, is it possible to sticky a new monthly update topic, and only allow the developer to post?

Good I agree, a kind of locked thread that only the dev can update, so we do not have to look at the forum "when" and see all the whining about the release date. [:)]. The whiners can always post in another thread.[:D][:D]
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Shannon V. OKeets

I don't believe that is possible.[:(]

Unless I miss my guess, any thread that discusses progress and/or a release date with receive a bunch of comments.

Though I appreciate that having the When thread so encumbered with side issues et al, most forum readers have learned to go to it for the monthly updates.

I'll think about other possible solutions.[8|]
Steve

wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

No where near ideal, but you could sticky a thread and say up front all posts not of your making will be deleted. Discussion can take place in other threads. A problem with this is it should be absolute, the minute you leave a non-Steve post you open up a can of worms, and you're right back where you started.

Anyway, keep chugging away, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Flipper
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

No where near ideal, but you could sticky a thread and say up front all posts not of your making will be deleted. Discussion can take place in other threads. A problem with this is it should be absolute, the minute you leave a non-Steve post you open up a can of worms, and you're right back where you started.

Anyway, keep chugging away, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I think what I will do is maintain the When thread but also create a duplicate thread that has just my monthly posts.

===
But is that light an oncoming train?
Steve

Froonp

Post by Froonp »

ORIGINAL: micheljq

Good I agree, a kind of locked thread that only the dev can update, so we do not have to look at the forum "when" and see all the whining about the release date. [:)]. The whiners can always post in another thread.[:D][:D]
My way of avoiding all the whining in that thread, is to only read posts from Steve on the When Forum.
After all, he and only he can speak about any "When".
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

But is that light an oncoming train?

As I try to explain to everyone, anything is possible...[:'(][:'(][:'(]
Flipper
vonpaul

Post by vonpaul »

+1
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: micheljq

I have to totally agree with you on the WHEN thing micheljq and could you please start that thread so I can whine on[:D][:D][:D] with out the whining routine I go through every month my life will be one empty shell. I can see you have no sympathy for whiners[:-] and have no idea what we go through, please a little more consideration would be deeply appreciated.

With deepest respect

Bo
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

I don't believe that is possible... I think what I will do is maintain the When thread but also create a duplicate thread that has just my monthly posts.

This would be good. Post a new monthly update each month, lock it, stickie it, and un-stickie the previous locked update and allow it it to expire.

Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: pzgndr
I don't believe that is possible... I think what I will do is maintain the When thread but also create a duplicate thread that has just my monthly posts.

This would be good. Post a new monthly update each month, lock it, stickie it, and un-stickie the previous locked update and allow it it to expire.

"Lock it"? "Stickie it"? I am not sure what you mean.
Steve

pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Forum mods can stickie posts up top like the current When? thread. Mods can also lock up threads to prevent further postings. Seems like a decent way for you and other mods to provide information without the distractions?
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Shannon V. OKeets

Forum mods can stickie posts up top like the current When? thread. Mods can also lock up threads to prevent further postings. Seems like a decent way for you and other mods to provide information without the distractions?
Yes. Thanks.
Steve

Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Yes. Thanks.

I don't know in this forum, but usually what you can make "sticky" in teh rest of the forums are the threads in the forum itself, not the posts. Thus those threads will always be first in their category.

Return to “World in Flames”