No demo & no discounts on old titles == no sale

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: The Longest Day brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Longest Day remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign that covers all the airborne and beach landings, expanded map sizes, new hand-drawn historical maps, illumination during night battles and much more!
lukaszgwozdz2

No demo & no discounts on old titles == no sale

Post by lukaszgwozdz2 »

I don't mean that as a flame. Just trying to give honest feedback from the part of the audience that doesn't feel invited by Matrix Games. I've bought and played a number of strategy titles, some of them from Matrix. I'd love to try out one of the recent Close Combat titles, doesn't have to be the latest. By trying out I mean a demo or buying a discounted older title at say $19.99 - I'm willing to spend that much in the dark. Unfortunately it seems I'm out of luck. I understand this is a free country and everyone can sell their product any way they like. Just saying the current way will not result in a purchase from me. It seems like the publisher is interested in targeting the existing audience but not so much expanding it.

Thank you for your attention
potential customer
Bulker

RE: No demo & no discounts on old titles == no sale

Post by Bulker »

Even though Cross of Iron and Wacht am Rhein are older by release date, they´re not old enough gameplay wise to warrant a substantial decrease in price. Personally I enjoy Wacht am Rhein the most because it´s the battle of the bulge. You´ll have to decide if it´s worth the price tag or not.

About the expand part, I see your point but don´t think they´d make more money in the end by dropping prices.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

There are free demos of the older titles available, including "invasion Normandy". Google it.
simovitch

Southernland

Post by Southernland »

demos for close combat 1 thru 5  http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads  Although there are differences in the later games these will get you started
¡¡ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

The Demos 2- 5 also available HERE: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/Clas ... sicCC.html
ImageImage
lukaszgwozdz2

Post by lukaszgwozdz2 »

Thank you. How similar are the old demos to the new series in terms of gameplay mechanics? Is this mostly just a graphics update or are there bigger changes?

Return to “Close Combat: The Longest Day”