Gettysburg... tough!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.
mike1984

12 p.m., July 1 - Part 2

Post by mike1984 »

The arrival of Doubleday's Division practically saved the entire left of the Corps. Rowley's Pennsylvanians charged Archer's Brigade from column formations. It was a valiant assault, which has destabilized the entire enemy flank. Stone's Brigade will remain on the east bank of the creek, ready to support Rowley if necessary.

Attachments
Gettysburg..00South.jpg
Gettysburg..00South.jpg (189.52 KiB) Viewed 209 times
Doc o War

RE: 12 p.m., July 1 - Part 2

Post by Doc o War »

Noon- The CSA is still moving forces into position behind McPhersons Ridge- On my Right- the Union Left- Doubledays Division has pushed into the valley below the Ridge and is engaging Archers small and tired Brigade- Pender's fresh Brigades under Scales and Thomas are marching hard to support Archer on my Right- Perrin and Lane's Brigade are in the woods and behind the central hill at McPherson's farm.  Brockenbourgh's small Brigade has pushed forward and grabbed a position above the rail cut- it is a hot place and some casualties are taken- but the position prevents a union push in that area and gives flanking fire all along the woodline at the bottom of Oak Hill where Reynold's Infantry has been pushed back off the Hill.  
   Meanwhile Heth's Division (-)  is on my Left- the Union Right- up on Oak Hill- there Pettigrew and Davis's Brigades with a few guns have been slowly pushing the union troops back off the hill- The Hillside and woods there are covered in bodies. Both Brigades have been fighting all day and are too fatigued for much more assulting. Fortunately Rodes Division of Ewells corps  has appeared on the Eastmap edge and his first brigades are just arriving - some coming around behind and into Heth's lines, and several Brigades- lead by O Niel- are moving out into the countryside below Oak Hill- I want to get into a more solid bulk before I launch an attack to drive the union back from the Hill.
Now it is two Corps( the Union 1st and 11th) to two corps-( AP Hills and Ewells) 
   As long as the Union holds back and doesnt counterattack I can hold what I have already and push forward later when my main forces arrive.  
Tell me the story of the common foot soldier, and I will tell you the story of all wars.
... Heroditus.
Doc o War

RE: 12 p.m., July 1 - Part 2

Post by Doc o War »

MIKE'S COMPUTER IS DOWN AND IN FOR REPAIRS_ SO THERE IS A SLIGHT DELAY IN THE AAR>> Sorry
Tell me the story of the common foot soldier, and I will tell you the story of all wars.
... Heroditus.

Return to “After Action Reports”