AE Air Issues and Air OOB Issues [OUTDATED]

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

FOW

RE: AE Air Issues and Air OOB Issues

Post by FOW »

Only just noticed this issue when checking through the air losses screen - I've lost 75 B-29s in A2A combat BUT IT'S ONLY JUL 1942 [X(]
EDIT: the B-25 B and C models losses are also screwed. The second -C model (US) isn't available until 42-08 (the first entry is the Dutch model of which I have one squadron in service). The -B model has zero production and I've no squadrons in service, so I have no idea where those losses came from

Attachments
B29Losses.jpg
B29Losses.jpg (49.13 KiB) Viewed 227 times
cverbrug

RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread

Post by cverbrug »

Could someone pls explain why the L1 - Thora transport plane is only to be produced from 1944, while the model is a 1936 model?
Completely strange is that the two follow up models L2 Tabby and L3 Tina can be produced from 1941...beats me???

I am playing the full campaign scenarion 001.
hunchback77

RE: Admiral's Edition Air War Thread

Post by hunchback77 »

ORIGINAL: cverbrug

Could someone pls explain why the L1 - Thora transport plane is only to be produced from 1944, while the model is a 1936 model?
Completely strange is that the two follow up models L2 Tabby and L3 Tina can be produced from 1941...beats me???

I am playing the full campaign scenarion 001.

The L1N1 Thora isn't even in WITP AE and the L2D2 Tabby begins production in 1/44 and the L3Y3 Tina begins production in 12/41. Are you playing a modded scenario.
Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

ORIGINAL: FOW

Only just noticed this issue when checking through the air losses screen - I've lost 75 B-29s in A2A combat BUT IT'S ONLY JUL 1942 [X(]
EDIT: the B-25 B and C models losses are also screwed. The second -C model (US) isn't available until 42-08 (the first entry is the Dutch model of which I have one squadron in service). The -B model has zero production and I've no squadrons in service, so I have no idea where those losses came from

This is extremely disturbing. Have you posted this to the tech forum with a save?
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

This can happen when a game in progress is updated to a patch that includes database changes.
FOW

Post by FOW »

ORIGINAL: Cathartes

This can happen when a game in progress is updated to a patch that includes database changes.

Yes this is an AI game started under original version and patched/hotfixed to current level accepting all database changes.
So probably a bit of uncleansed data from testing making it into the released product [:-] - but I can live with that [;)]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Slot 339, the P-400. Has different machine gun armament for regular range versus extended range.

Wpn 1 is "1893 .30 Browning MG"

Wpn 11 is "150 .303 Browning MG"
erstad

Post by erstad »

The cannon on the Ki-44b and at least one other plane has an accuracy of 2. Is this a typo or is this correct?

(Not being one of the guys who can tell you how many rivets are in a Tojo and which geisha christened the maiden flight, I don't know if this is an accurate reflection of the gun or not but it's markedly different than most all other accuracy values)
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

Slot 339, the P-400. Has different machine gun armament for regular range versus extended range.

I see two different guns, the .50 cal which is centerline and the the .30 cal in the wings. Sure, you might fire your .50s farther out, but don't know that this is exactly modeled in AE.

Attachments
p400.jpg
p400.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

The cannon on the Ki-44b and at least one other plane has an accuracy of 2. Is this a typo or is this correct?

(Not being one of the guys who can tell you how many rivets are in a Tojo and which geisha christened the maiden flight, I don't know if this is an accurate reflection of the gun or not but it's markedly different than most all other accuracy values)

This is correct. 40mm Ho-301 Cannon had a very short range and was an overall poor design. This is probably why it only made it into a couple aircraft.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I see two different guns, the .50 cal which is centerline and the the .30 cal in the wings. Sure, you might fire your .50s farther out, but don't know that this is exactly modeled in AE.

You misread my post. I said nothing about "Wpn 3" which you are pointing to in your graphic.
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

You misread my post. I said nothing about "Wpn 3" which you are pointing to in your graphic.

Yes I did misread. I don't know about that one, TimTom could answer. The difference in mg devices is nearly nil from what I can tell, but might be a carryover error.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

... but might be a carryover error.

That's what it looks like to me, just the rough equivalent of a typo.
Oliver Heindorf

RE: AE Air Issues and Air OOB Issues - withdrawal

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

I dont understand, why I cannot withdraw a unit which is shedueled for withdrawal.

See Screenshot. This makes absolutly NO sense to me and annoys me.

Withdrawal Button is alwways greyed out. This is just an example. 9 out of 10 air units that are shedueld to withdraw have the button for wiothdrawal greyed out. comments please
Attachments
screenshot.4.jpg
screenshot.4.jpg (403.21 KiB) Viewed 241 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I do not know why, but some of them have to be Disbanded instead of Withdrawn. It still meets the requirements of the withdrawal rule.
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

I dont understand, why I cannot withdraw a unit which is shedueled for withdrawal.

There was some confusion early on in what disband and withdraw meant. When you typically withdraw an air unit, it returns in 60 days. Air units that have withdraw dates, are meant to be withdrawn permanently so you don't suffer PPs. They need to be permanently disbanded. The withdraw button was grayed out so you may only make the right choice.
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

I have a question about Realistic R&D.  When an airframe reaches it's production month and has an R&D facility, does that R&D facility become a production facility or remain an R&D facility?
Created by the amazing Dixie
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

I have a question about Realistic R&D.  When an airframe reaches it's production month and has an R&D facility, does that R&D facility become a production facility or remain an R&D facility?
Created by the amazing Dixie
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Don´t think so.
I have to admit that I´m not 100% sure but from a logical point of view:
- Realistic R&D in the manual states iirc you cant change R&D into production manually. So what sense would it make that it still
happens automatically.
- This would mean that the Japanese lose one R&D for every single sub plane type developed and this sounds just off.
- You could influence production brutally by researching only the bare minimum of planetypes or the maximum possible
and this also sounds off.
WLockard

Post by WLockard »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

I think it should, what would you do with an R&D factory for an aircraft you are producing?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”