looks like a Hoi2 game

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

freeboy

looks like a Hoi2 game

Post by freeboy »

is being release Arsonal of Democracy, actually looks good
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

RE: looks like a Hoi2 game

Post by freeboy »

does anyone else read the forums at Paradox, I know they can produce some turds, but this actually looks good, really good, ala Il-2 patched scenarios and other games that gamers love and revive.. its not HOI3, but actually a revamped HOI2.. anyway.. just thinking its pretty quite about this..

"Tanks forward"
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

It will be available on all major download sites on February 23, and it will be available at 19.99 USD or EUR.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Well, Paradox Interactive are getting on my tits of late. First they re-release EU and now HoI2. I'm not re-buying games I've already bought because they fixed them and rebadged them!
Alba gu' brath
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

I know what you mean, JudgeDredd. My Europa Universalis III Complete isn't complete anymore. And since these latest renditions of EU2 and HoI2 are only available via download, I won't be getting them. But I will probably purchase all these latest releases in yet another compilation pack or two when they are available in retail boxed versions.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

. I'm not re-buying games I've already bought because they fixed them and rebadged them!
Kind of like WitPAE,all of the close combat games , GG Eagle Day/Bombing the Reich,Commander Europe at War(previously called Strategic Command 2002 release)[:D][:D][:D]
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

well, to each his own, I remember being HACKED off at Battlefront when they did not make the cm series backward compatible...
I am in need of a good grand strategy title, they always seem to fail, BUT I remember liking hoi2, AND the best games are re releases of old games by gamers who have played around enogh to make enjoyable games, like all the add on scenarios for the DB games, Tao3 not to mention, oops, the Total war mods which cause me to LOVE tw2 expecially Stainless steal mod... seems that for the price of a cheap lunch I can get a full non add on hoi2 that works.. is it right to charge me ? Well I have no problem as this will play as a totally new game.. BUT I do understand those out there like the Judge that get frustrated!

Add this ?, what is so special about Feb 23 that all these titles are getting released on that date?
"Tanks forward"
wilecki

Post by wilecki »

ORIGINAL: freeboy
Add this ?, what is so special about Feb 23 that all these titles are getting released on that date?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_february

Just pick three reasons suiting you :)

Cheers!
"I didn't know that there are so many idiots in this world, until I started to use Internet" - Stanislaw Lem
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

I still like Making History best and I'll probably buy MH2 but not when it first comes out. I've got so many wargames now I can afford to wait until all of them are bargain priced now. Only games I'm going to purchase new anymore are actually new innovative games we haven't seen 100 times before. Like Strength & Honor 2 (this game puts RTW's ai in the sewer) and Solinum Infernum (this game is awesome) and probably Stardocks Elemental (hopefully a MOM contender for best fantasy strategy wargame).
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: killroyishere
Solinum Infernum (this game is awesome)

It is; I just wish the bloke would spend some time learning to program in a 'proper' language so the presentation of his stuff could match the ideas, gameplay, and 'card' art.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: freeboy
. its not HOI3, but actually a revamped HOI2.. anyway.. just thinking its pretty quite about this..

I thought the revamped HoI2 was the Doomsday/Armageden releases?

The only reason I ever bought these Para sequels was that over time they become very inexpensive, otherwise it's like paying for a patch.

IMO, HoI3 and EU3 are unplayable and unhistorical, in that order; the former is already on its 4th patch after a recent release.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
dogancan

Post by dogancan »

T think there are more than enough changes in rRsenal of Democracy to regard it a new game. Was planning to buy Strategic Command Global COnflict, but changed my mind. oh, and I have Hoi2 complete, and Hoi3. Yes, I am furious about Hoi3 (paid 40euros!!!) and much more hesitant to buy games from paradox after that. but imo this game really looks good. strongly recommend you to read the developer's diaries...
This is Great War, everybody dies!
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: dogancan

Yes, I am furious about Hoi3 (paid 40euros!!!) and much more hesitant to buy games from paradox after that.
I wouldnt say I am furious about HOI3,but I have shelved it,its too big and complex,you need to be unemployed to have the time for it.The developer claims the supply system is not "bugged" but they could have explained it in laymens terms.For me it breaks the game,being too complex.
dogancan

Post by dogancan »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

ORIGINAL: dogancan

Yes, I am furious about Hoi3 (paid 40euros!!!) and much more hesitant to buy games from paradox after that.
I wouldnt say I am furious about HOI3,but I have shelved it,its too big and complex,you need to be unemployed to have the time for it.The developer claims the supply system is not "bugged" but they could have explained it in laymens terms.For me it breaks the game,being too complex.

lots of gamebreakers in that game IMO, and more importantly, unlike HoI2, I do not have (and never had) any fun to play it. but lets not turn this thread into another "I hate HoI3" thread... [;)]
This is Great War, everybody dies!
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

AoD will likely be the most rational and easiest to play in the whole series. It appears that modders and long time fans have had a significant part in developing that game-it should be a good one.

I doubt I will buy a fourth iteration of that system, but I just might depending what I see in AAR's It's a bit of a quandary; I like much in HoI3-I find it difficult to go back-even to the CORE mod even though CORE can give a much more historical game.

In the end, there will be mods for AoD too. No matter what is presented, there will be some (many) that can see a better way other than the vanilla version. You just can't please everyone all the time with one product.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

... I like much in HoI3-I find it difficult to go back-even to the CORE mod even though CORE can give a much more historical game.

In the end, there will be mods for AoD too. No matter what is presented, there will be some (many) that can see a better way other than the vanilla version. You just can't please everyone all the time with one product.

But is it too much to ask that the "one product" works as advertized?

EU:Rome was unplayable until VV, and now the latest HoI debacle; depending on the developer, buying a computer game today is like volunteering to be a beta-tester w/o ever raising your hand.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

... I like much in HoI3-I find it difficult to go back-even to the CORE mod even though CORE can give a much more historical game.

But is it too much to ask that the "one product" works as advertized?

EU:Rome was unplayable until VV, and now the latest HoI debacle; depending on the developer, buying a computer game today is like volunteering to be a beta-tester w/o ever raising your hand.

Yea Joe, I know your frustration well. No, I don't think it is too much to ask. It does seem these games are getting shoved into production a little too quickly. At least, In PI's case, they eventually bring those up to speed. Sometimes it might be too late though.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

. I'm not re-buying games I've already bought because they fixed them and rebadged them!
Kind of like WitPAE,all of the close combat games , GG Eagle Day/Bombing the Reich,Commander Europe at War(previously called Strategic Command 2002 release)[:D][:D][:D]

Ok, but Matrix actually TELLs you that it's a revamped or fixed successor for a game.Matrix doesn't try to fool you but re-doing a Close Combat and calling it a totally different name.We KNOW Close combat:TLD comes from the old Close Combat 5 and it's openly stated by Matrix, but Paradox is trying to fool the customer by taking a rebranded HoI2 and calling it "Arsenal of Democracy", having the player thinking it's a new game when they buy it.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

AoD will likely be the most rational and easiest to play in the whole series. It appears that modders and long time fans have had a significant part in developing that game-it should be a good one.

I doubt I will buy a fourth iteration of that system, but I just might depending what I see in AAR's It's a bit of a quandary; I like much in HoI3-I find it difficult to go back-even to the CORE mod even though CORE can give a much more historical game.

The modders didn't have a significant hand in developing AoD...they full bore developed it. It's basically a remake of HoI 2, the same way For the Glory was a remake of EU2.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

[/quote]
Paradox is trying to fool the customer by taking a rebranded HoI2 and calling it "Arsenal of Democracy", having the player thinking it's a new game when they buy it.
[/quote]
They are not trying to fool the customers.Read the development diaries.AoD yes uses the same engine and map but has many extra features added as well as new battle scenarios that take place in cold war era.Basically how i inderstand they sold the rights to the hard code and AoD is kind of a culmination of the best of mods and improvments made by modders.Its a stand alone game and for $19 seems like a bargain to me.I still truly enjoy HOI2 after 3 years.i also think PI would have been better off promoting AoD than rushing HOI3 and releasing it when not ready.

Return to “General Discussion”