Any interest in a Korean War Mod "demo"?

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

Warhorse

Any interest in a Korean War Mod "demo"?

Post by Warhorse »

By this I mean after I made the Korean War mod a few years ago, and contacted Matrix about developement, I ported my mod over to RS kinda as a fun thing for myself. This was a pet project to implement the Banzai routine for the CCF Human Wave. I asked Jason recently if it would be a conflict of interest if I were to release this version as a kind of demo as it were of what's to come in the official release, which will most likely be a few years possibly until ready at all. He felt, as I do, that this might be a good thing for folks to tinker around with as it were, like the Vietnam Mod and the soon to be Divided Ground revamp.

Now, this RS version unfortunately will NOT be compatible with the new official release, as they are two completely different engines, so any scenarios would need to be redone completely if one were to want to make one for the official game. However, it might be cool for some folks to make some scenario's, and play them via email, etc, maybe make tourneys or something while the real version is completed.

Any thoughts on this?

I only brought this up as recently a few posts have expressed an interest in the Korean War, and it is functional!

I haven't touched this version in a few years now, so I will need to update a few things before I could release it, I will if there's enough interest.

Let me know, I would make this a poll, but I'm not allowed to initiate a poll!!

Mike

Attachments
Menuscrn.jpg
Menuscrn.jpg (28.13 KiB) Viewed 132 times
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
junk2drive

RE: Any interest in a Korean War Mod "demo"?

Post by junk2drive »

If you can get generated battles to work it would get more attention. Without scenarios it dies quietly like your DG version.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

The problem with generated battles is out of my control, unfortunately, the game engine doesn't like the 1950's dates. I don't want to put too much into this version since the Matrix version will be better, gonna probably let this one go... Just figured I'de check, since a few new posts had expressed an interest, all the hard work is done, just need people to use imagination with the tools!!

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I appreciate the work and hope it makes it into the next version.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

Hi Mike,

i´m very interested and will help you here too if i can!

Doesn´t see the last version, but i have your older and it looks great!

Stefan
I create and revise: OoB´s, ToE´s, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (forever CWE!) Working on OoB´s for the new CSCW and scenario playtesting for the Beta Brigade.
DukeUgrad

Post by DukeUgrad »

Very interested in supporting any efforts to expand JT's Campaign Series for a full scale version for the "Forgotten War". Here in Springfield IL there is a major effort to build a Korean War Museum that honors those who served and those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Check it out on the Web.
2 certainties in life !
(1) "War is Hell"
(2) "Getting Old is Hell"

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”