Air unit detail screen switches to base screen

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

seille

Air unit detail screen switches to base screen

Post by seille »

I have a strange problem.
When i click on the AF symbol at a base (playing the GC as japanese) i get the screen showing my air units.
When i now click on a air unit the game tries to show the unit detail screen, but switching immediately to the base screen.
It´s like clicking two buttons same time. But i do one mouseclick on the air unit...

It is very annoying since i often need 3-4 attempts to access my air units.
It´s nothing i can reproduce.

Having patch 2 with hotfix 3 on a XP system.
myros

RE: Air unit detail screen switches to base screen

Post by myros »

It's done that since release sadly, most often you will see it when selecting an air unit for the first time ... it will either jump to the next air unit or if the one you selected is at the end or the only air unit it will just jump back to the base screen.

Once it has done it once you will be fine though as it doesnt repeat.
Until the next turn when it may happen once again ;p

M
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

There is some sort of button bounce going on that I can't track. Doing it slowly through the debugger doesn't exhibit the issue.

Still trying to work out a way to get it to repeat so I can print out some messages as it happens, but it doesn't want to co-operate.[:@]
Michael
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Not sure if this is the same issue, but...

When drilling down command boxes, it is commong that the first click can activate a second command in the drill down box you are trying to get to, even though you have clicked once. My experience suggests that the drill down box attempts to populate extremely close or exactly in the same position as the initiating command box. I avoid this by ensuring that the physical position of the command window in my screen is down and right if this happens on my first attempt. That will force the sub window out of the click area just selected.

In any event, that does solve this issue for me.
Andy M
seille

Post by seille »

Michael,

No idea how to help you, all i can say is that it happens not only one time. Today i selected a air unit 3 times and 3 times
i got the base screen. Is there nothing i can try to avoid this ?

Return to “Tech Support”