PBEM change nation from AI-Human during game

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
Tordenskiold

PBEM change nation from AI-Human during game

Post by Tordenskiold »

My opponent and I have started the grand campaign. From the beginning UK, France, Poland and USSR was set to Human player 2. That is me. German and Italy was set to Human player 1, him.
When the Germans now have attacked the Netherlands we wanted to make it so I could take over the Neterhlands from the AI the same way as we want him to play as the Baltics or Finland if USSR (me) attacks. We have not been able to change the control of the country during game. Neither through F11 which was suggested or by cklicking on the country in the list when starting the game (both have tried).

So, how on earth will I be able to play as the US since we left this nation to the AI from the beginning to avoid very time consuming turns? Or both of us to take over minor countrys as they are attacked by the opponent. There is nothing written abouth this in the manual. This game is a great PBEM game but not to be able to change the nations controll is a major drawback... Any clues??? A clarification on how this is meant to be is better than nothing[:)]
We both have patch 1.7.
Harbinger

RE: PBEM change nation from AI-Human during game

Post by Harbinger »

Whichever of you set the game at start must be the one to use F11 to change a nation from AI to Human. This should take effect on the next turn.

I think.
Assume nothing.
Tordenskiold

RE: PBEM change nation from AI-Human during game

Post by Tordenskiold »

Thanks for your reply but that we have tried. Unless you mean changes only can be done the second turn? No such information about that, is it? Any other suggestions?

Return to “Tech Support”