June Release: WitPTracker now at 1.6!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

n01487477

RE: Bug Report for 1.6

Post by n01487477 »

Marc,
You mean all the data to be exported to CSV ? Yes we intend on doing that incrementally ... And yes we will eventually give room for notes on all the major area's ... As for AE, good news will hopefully come to those that are patient[;)]. Can I suggest that you look at OpenOffice, there is already a direct link to HSQLDB and will make your work much easier, or does Access allow this now ? ...

tm.asp?m=1774229&mpage=16&key=openoffice&#1900242  for my tutorial ... you can also use this for Woo's decoder ...

Any problems
Marc

Post by Marc »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Marc,
You mean all the data to be exported to CSV ? Yes we intend on doing that incrementally ... And yes we will eventually give room for notes on all the major area's ... As for AE, good news will hopefully come to those that are patient[;)]. Can I suggest that you look at OpenOffice, there is already a direct link to HSQLDB and will make your work much easier, or does Access allow this now ? ...

tm.asp?m=1774229&mpage=16&key=openoffice�  for my tutorial ... you can also use this for Woo's decoder ...

Any problems

Damian,
I'm very patient. I waited 1,5 years for AE. [:)]
I looked already at OpenOffice. If I remember correctly I had problems adding another table for my additional information. The next problem is that I have experience with VBA in Excel and Access but not with OpenOffice. But perhaps it is the best method getting the needed data via exporting. I will give it a try. Anyway, thank you for the hint.
I looked in the past for HSQLDB support for Access and think your are right. It seems to be not existent.

Regarding future notes:
It would be nice to have a remark field for free text, a field for something to group units (for example operations) and finally perhaps a field where I can enter the planed destination for the unit (I don't always like to use the WitP function because of SIGINT [:D])
These fields are most helpful for LCUs, aircraft units and ships.

Marc
IJN Chokai
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Think I might dust off some old code and see if Floyd wants to iron out the last bugs before we can set sail, never to return into the wide blue yonder of WITP-AE and beyond [;)]
BigBadWolf

Post by BigBadWolf »

Sorry to bother you guys out there in the wide blue yonder, ;P but I have a sort of a problem. I dl the latest version of tracker, but when I try to run it, all I get is bunch of mambo jumbo about unknown sources and native methods and classes not found. I have the latest version of java if that means anything to you. Its probably some stupid mistake on my part, but I could use some help.

EDIT: Like I said, stupid mistake on my part. RTFM! [:@]

Continue enjoying the yonder [8D]
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

BBW,
can you post a screen shot of the dos screen for me please...you aren't using Tracker-AE by any chance, are you ?

I'm heading to bed pretty soon, but I hope I can clear this up quickly, it is pretty rare for Tracker for witp to fail.

[edit]No probs BBW ... have a good day.
Bondo16

RE: June Release: WitPTracker now at 1.6!

Post by Bondo16 »

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved in making WitPTracker possible. I just started using it and it's great as I'm a stats nut!!
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Bondo16

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved in making WitPTracker possible. I just started using it and it's great as I'm a stats nut!!
Hope you enjoy it Bondo16, Floyd and I (Damian) haven't done an update for it in quite a while, but we wish you well.
Cheers
Bondo16

Post by Bondo16 »

Hope you enjoy it Bondo16, Floyd and I (Damian) haven't done an update for it in quite a while, but we wish you well.
Cheers

Hey no worries about updates I'm sure you've moved on to other things and the tracker is great as it is. I had this game sitting around on my shelf for a year before dusting it off about a month ago and finally learning it as opposed to the first time I tried playing it when I bought it. Tracker just makes it all that better now so again thanks a bunch [&o]
Bondo16

Post by Bondo16 »

In regards to Troop replacements what do the "Delta" numbers mean/stand for in Tracker??
floydg

Post by floydg »

In regards to Troop replacements what do the "Delta" numbers mean/stand for in Tracker??

The delta numbers indicate that the unit "added" (positive #) or "lost" (negative #) devices comparing the currently loaded turn and the previously loaded turn.
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
Lomri

Post by Lomri »

Heya,

Anyone have any ideas on this problem I'm having.  I was running 1.6 but just upgraded to 1.6.1 to see if it resolved it, but no joy.  Tracker launches fine (I tweaked the memory usage up until tracker failed to start at 2048).  But when I try to "Read Turn" nothing happens, and in the launcher window I see this error:
C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\tools\witptracker>"C:\Progr
am Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 57 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Matrix
 Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\tools\witptracker\pwsdll.dll: Not en
ough storage is available to process this command
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at JNIpws.JNIpws.<clinit>(JNIpws.java:19)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at witptracker.SaveFileReader.ReadScenarioTurnNumber(SaveFileReader.java
:327)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at witptracker.GUIMain.ReadNewTurn(GUIMain.java:144)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at witptracker.GUIMain.actionPerformed(GUIMain.java:511)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I have 8 gigs of RAM, on a fresh boot, and plenty of disk space.&nbsp; I searched back thru this thread and couldn't find anything about this particular problem - on turn read.&nbsp; On the google tracker page it talks about this error happening when it starts, and by running the jar directly, but I am using the batch file.&nbsp; Anyone have any ideas?
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Maybe the version of Tracker that you're using is for AE and this is WITP?
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
Lomri

Post by Lomri »

I sure hope not, (and I probably should have said this in the previous post) I've loaded 53 turns so far in version 1.6, and when it started kicking out this error I went and got the latest version from http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/releases which labels the download as:
WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1.zip - on Sep 1, 2010 9:11 PM by Floyd Goldstein (version 1)

Lomri

Post by Lomri »

ORIGINAL: tocaff

Maybe the version of Tracker that you're using is for AE and this is WITP?

oooh, I read this wrong, I'm posting in the WitP forums! My google search has lead me to the wrong forum! whops, thanks for pointing this out.
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

[:)] No problem.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
tanqtonic

Post by tanqtonic »

Help.....

i obviously am doing something inanely wrong.

Whenever I try to do a multi-turn read, the directory listing only lists the "savefile" file defined in the properties file.......

How do I get the program to give me the "checklist" of files to be loaded?

Thnx in advance
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: tanqueray_tonic

Help.....

i obviously am doing something inanely wrong.

Whenever I try to do a multi-turn read, the directory listing only lists the "savefile" file defined in the properties file.......

How do I get the program to give me the "checklist" of files to be loaded?

Thnx in advance

Did you navigate to the directory which contains the save file you're interested in loading? Once you select the directory, the second pop-up only shows unloaded turns matching the save files name pattern.

Floyd
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Bump to keep on page 1 [;)]
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Bump to keep on page 1 [;)]
Zerberus_MatrixForum

RE: OpenOffice connection

Post by Zerberus_MatrixForum »

MikeMike,Floyd & others interested,
I got OpenOffice to connect properly... Below is where I got the information.
http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/apd.html

Steps:
1. Download the latest OpenOffice 2.4
2. Setup
3. Open OpenOffice Database, just open the default database. Then setup a new class path in tools-options-java-classpath. For users your can find the hsqldb.jar file in the lib folder of their tracker install

4. The program will need to be restarted. Then connect to an existing DB after selecting New Database. Select JDBC.

5. Setup the Datasource URL (the path is obviously to your install folder of tracker)& the JDBC Driver Class.

6. set the password to sa & Test the connection

From this you are able to obviously print and check data ... Having used it a little it is very slow to respond to tables, so I recommend you write queries and views to access the data. But this in no way means that I won't try to create print options for Tracker

Regards
Damian

unfortunately the link upside doesn't work anymore, ok, some years have passed ...[X(]
Does somebody know, if the possibility to import in open office still works? I'm not able to establish a connection - not sure, if there is a problem of java, password (still sa?) or something else ...
Are there any other legal possibilities to get some raw data from the save file?

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”