Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cap Mandrake

Wake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Wake continues to hold. A trickle of supply is getting in from Midway via 3 PBY's. None of the Wildcats are flying. I have ordered another squadron of PBY's at Midway to try to get out some base force personnel.

Thre were at least 2 carriers standing off to the South pounding the field. They appear to have left...? for Truk.

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (29.14 KiB) Viewed 101 times
ny59giants

RE: Wake

Post by ny59giants »

You might consider pulling your Devastators from a CV or two and replacing them with a squadron of Marine fighters. Survivabilty is the key early in the game as the Allies.

Naval search - you migth want some overlap on your search arcs with multiple squadrons doing the search. Expecting 1 PBY to find every ship in their 10 degress of search is asking a lot. Knowing the coders sense of humor, the critical arc will be covered by the pilot with the least amount of experience in the squadron and miss the enemy fleet. [:D]
[center]Image[/center]
sprior

Post by sprior »

Poor old Java took 2 up the chuff but was lady enough not to go down. I wouldn't have minded but she was cuddling up to darwin at the time.

Meanwhile the Grey Funnel Line gets lost, obviously using charts from when Noah was a boy, and have been orederd back to Soerabaya. They will defend Kendari and Ambon when the time comes but proceeding to Mendano was just a step too far.

The tourists rae taking the coastal road all the way to Singers, or so it would appear. Binns minor was sent to deflate their bike tyres but seems to have become distracted behind the bike sheds.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

BrucePowers

Post by BrucePowers »

I understood the last post.

Does that mean I am in trouble?[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Then youre certainly doing better than I am. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Cap Mandrake

Huffy Brigade

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Attachments
batavia_enter.jpg
batavia_enter.jpg (55.62 KiB) Viewed 101 times
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Perhaps this would help. A lexicon:

Grey Funnel Line = Force Z

"took 2 up the chuff" = 2 torpedoes amidships or possibly a reference to a bizarre sexual practice dating to bilblical times.

"rae" = are

Singers = Singapore

Binns minor = a secret, elite pedagogic commando unit..you know..sort of like the cockleshell heroes

tyre = tire, a pneumatic wheel
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Perhaps this would help. A lexicon:

Grey Funnel Line = Force Z

"took 2 up the chuff" = 2 torpedoes amidships or possibly a reference to a bizarre sexual practice dating to bilblical times.

"rae" = are

Singers = Singapore

Binns minor = a secret, elite pedagogic commando unit..you know..sort of like the cockleshell heroes

tyre = tire, a pneumatic wheel

Cuddling?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Cuddling?

Cuddling = something often attempted by the Pongos prior to receiving approval for final docking
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Cuddling = something often attempted by the Pongos prior to receiving approval for final docking
My preacher warned me about that when I was 16!
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
sprior

Post by sprior »

Someone dropped their bus ticket, that's one less Japanese soldier in Honky Fidd!

Attachments
183573193_tp.jpg
183573193_tp.jpg (20.62 KiB) Viewed 107 times
- Nigel Molesworth.

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: sprior

Someone dropped their bus ticket, that's one less Japanese soldier in Honky Fidd!

Caller:

"W" ... "U" ... "6" ... "7" ... "8" ... "9" ...

Player in back:

"Bingro!"
Cap Mandrake

Japanese HOV Code J-25

Post by Cap Mandrake »

*******USN Radio Intelligence Center, Honolulu, December 16, 1941********

LtCmdr Joseph Rocherfort: ...right, so, I think there is general agreement this is far more than a bus ticket. A bus ticket to invade Hong Kong? Please. What do they take us for, idiots? Tom, I want you to work on the assumption the "WU" is some type of code prefix. Bill, you start on the numbers. Assume this is related to Imperial Japanese Army transmissions. I want a calculation of the average character length for all intercepted South Asia IJA transmissions since Dec 1. Then I want you to calculate a Poisson probability for the character length in this message. Got it? <all nod> Good. Right..let's get to work!

Bill: After work, a couple of us guys were gonna get dressed up in our dress whites and go down to the bar at the Royal Hawaiian and try to get laid?

LtCmdr Joseph Rocherfort: Oh, gee thanks guys, but no. I just got my hands on a new translation of Leibnitz's working papers on the development of differential equations. I've been dying to crack it open.
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Cuddling?

But when it involves a cruiser and a town.....I dont think I want that mental image.
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Honky Fidd!

Care to have a swing at this one Mandrake? [:D]
sprior

Post by sprior »

Honky Fidd!

Even a pongo would be able to get HK
- Nigel Molesworth.

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Honky Fidd!

I think I have it. I believe he is referring to white children with Fetal Iodine Deficiency Disorder (FIDD), also known as Endemic Cretinism.

I know it sounds a bit funny, the Cretinism part, but it is really quite tragic. Many potential strategic wargame players are lost for all time and are relegated to first person shooter games because of the disease.
Cap Mandrake

Nitrogen

Post by Cap Mandrake »

So I splurged (because my old car had 195K miles on the original engine) and got myself a new 5 series. Needless to say the thing is fun to drive. Anyway, so I go out to dinner and have two martinis and a bunch of pasta and I am driving back home and I come up to the 405 to 133 interchange and it has this really fun onramp. Hey, I was powerless to resist.

So I am going about 60 on the 25 MPH onrmap and all four wheels are starting to drift and I get to the top and there is a distinct crown in the road and...whoa. Long story short I smack into this little curb with both driver side wheels and knock out the front end alignment and gouge the front rim. Bloody Hell!

I don't really want to tell my insurance company so I just go down to the BMW dealership for my pennance. The pennance amounted to about $1100 after I had to replace one rim and tire (tyre). But that is not good enough for them. They want to sell me 100% nitrogen for my tires (tyres).

"How much for that?", I ask.

"$40 Mr. Mandrake"

"$40 dollars for nitrogen, are you kidding?"

"No sir, it's 100% nitrogen. It's supposed to last longer."

"Eons, I imagine."

"Sir?"

"OK, how about this, the tires (tyres) have compressed air already, right?"

"Yes sir"

"And air is 78% Nitrogen or so."

<cautiously> "Yes."

"Right, so I will sell you the air in my tires (tyres) for 80% of $40, that's $30, and that leaves mostly Oxygen, you guys could set up an oxygen bar for the clients, that's got to be worth at least $10 or so. Then we are even. Y'all can have the argon for free."

"I wouldn't know how to write that up. How about I just throw in the Nitrogen Service as a courtesy?"

"SPLENDID!"

Mynok

RE: Nitrogen

Post by Mynok »

Do you have gypsy blood in you? [:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
khyberbill

RE: Nitrogen

Post by khyberbill »

Mandrake is the common name for members of the plant genus Mandragora belonging to the nightshades family. Because mandrake contains deliriant hallucinogenic tropane alkaloids such as hyoscyamine and the roots sometimes contain bifurcations causing them to resemble human figures, their roots have long been used in magic rituals, today also in neopagan religions such as Wicca and Germanic revivalism religions such as Odinism. AE might also be construed as a neopagan religion.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

Return to “After Action Reports”