For the record, hell froze over tonight.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

JWW

For the record, hell froze over tonight.

Post by JWW »

If you are not a Saints fan from Louisiana -- one who has been one from the start in 1967 -- you have no idea.
junk2drive

RE: For the record, hell froze over tonight.

Post by junk2drive »

Is that guy gonna shoot another TV set on youtube? That was funny.

Congrats to your team. Still got one more though.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
JWW

Post by JWW »

And it will be very tough.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I wish it had been Jets vs. Saints, but I have to give credit to the Colts, they really played a great game.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
martok

Post by martok »

Here's hoping the Saints get curb-stomped by the Colts!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

The two teams with the best records for most of the season are going to play in the Superbowl.  What are the odds?
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: Mobius

The two teams with the best records for most of the season are going to play in the Superbowl.  What are the odds?

Only happened 3 times now since 1993 I believe I read.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

The Saints played a great game, but so did the Vikings. Those penalties in OT seem to come just a little too quick.

Favre was almost a hero.

Money on the Colts.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

comte

Post by comte »

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

The Saints played a great game, but so did the Vikings. Those penalties in OT seem to come just a little too quick.

Favre was almost a hero.

Money on the Colts.

I wanted the Vikings to win but oh well would have been cool to see Favre vs. Manning. Well anyway go COLTS!
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ahhh a shame, I on vaction, I got to watch the Jets-Colts, but couldn't stay awake to watch the Saints-Viking game :(

(I work nights normally)
hgilmer3

Post by hgilmer3 »

Hey congratulations, JW!

Haven't seen you much since a little before Jan. 7th. [:)] Hope you're doing well.
KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Well as a life long Packer fan from Wisconsin, two observations

First, [:D] it was kind of fitting to watch Farve's last pass be intercepted just like his last pass at Green Bay. (and so many others)

Second, [&o] you have to admire Farve. His career is perhaps unmatched and at 40 even after taking quite a physical beating, he hung in there until the end. It was a heroic performance in defeat.

Of course now it is also fitting that Minnessota will see how long the "will he retire or not" saga goes on this year - Green Bay had to endure too many years on the question. [;)]
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

First, [:D] it was kind of fitting to watch Farve's last pass be intercepted just like his last pass at Green Bay. (and so many others)

Second, [&o] you have to admire Farve. His career is perhaps unmatched and at 40 even after taking quite a physical beating, he hung in there until the end. It was a heroic performance in defeat.

Of course now it is also fitting that Minnessota will see how long the "will he retire or not" saga goes on this year - Green Bay had to endure too many years on the question. [;)]

I don't know what the record age is for a quarterback, but Favre must be close. I think you are right-he should retire. He played a fabulous game, but he is getting brittle-one of these days he will be carried off the field.
IIRC, his intercepted pass in OT occurred immediately after the 12 yard penalty-he was frazzled. Still, he almost made the Super Bowl. Would it be age discrimination to send him to pasture?
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

I don't know what the record age is for a quarterback, but Favre must be close. I think you are right-he should retire. He played a fabulous game, but he is getting brittle-one of these days he will be carried off the field.
IIRC, his intercepted pass in OT occurred immediately after the 12 yard penalty-he was frazzled. Still, he almost made the Super Bowl. Would it be age discrimination to send him to pasture?

And I could see the Vikings wanting him back. They're a win now team. In a year or two, a lot of key guys...the Williams brothers, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, Antoine Winfield...are going to be slowing down. They also are going to start losing guys to free agency. So it makes sense from the Vikings point of view to take one more run with Favre.

The question is, does it make sense for Favre to come back?
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

I was going to post a normal post of stats etc. to prove that Favre is and was the greatest but I've changed my mind. All that will lead to is more Monday quarterbacking and bickering but here is what I have to say.

When I think about all the legends I've read about or watched in their final moments. Ali helpless on the ropes against Holmes. Unitas trying to quaterback as a Charger. Jordan even less than good instead of great. All I can see are two pictures in my mind.

Favre being helped off the field by two team mates looking like an accident victim and then one more picture comes in focus. He once again takes the field and another picture is there. He is waiting to take the snap, that grizzled old beaten MAN. They do a close up on him and he is smiling and then laughs.

I don't know about you but when I think about who I want to drive to see and have my grankid or great grand kids shake hands with I think you know who it will be. That fine old MAN.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
reg113

Post by reg113 »

+1 [:)]
"Life's a b***h, then you die."
wesy

Post by wesy »

Congrats! I live in the SF Bay Area - so although the 49'ers have won their fair share of Super Bowl Trophies...However, I've been waiting my ENTIRE life waiting for the SF Giants to win the World Series. Seriously though - i've been to New Orleans and love the town - it must be going crazy there :)
"I ran into Isosceles. He had a great idea for a new triangle!"...Woody Allen
htuna

Post by htuna »

Rooting for the Saints! When they played the Pats they looked invincible.. games that followed, they didn't seem the same.. but they seemed to be getting stronger again as the playoffs progressed
JWW

Post by JWW »

Favre.  I've always been a Favre fan.  I got kind of irritated at his retirements and unretirements, and I've always been a Packers fan since the days of Jimmy Tayler, Paul Hornung, Bart Starr, etc.  But Sunday though I respected his guts, I sure was glad to see him throw that pick when he could have run for five or ten yards and set up a gamewinning field goal attempt.  I've seen the Saints lose so many games like that in the last minute, it was amazing to see them actually weather the storm and come back and win with a clutch drive in overtime.    
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

As someone who grew up in the 70's and watched, nay, endured the Vikes' four Super Bowl losses....I've got a coping mechanism I use now. It's better that they lost in the NFC Championship than that they lost another Super Bowl. Also, I'm happy for the Saints. They were due, and they earned it.

That being said, I have new respect for Favre. He is definitely the toughest man I've ever seen play the game.
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

Return to “General Discussion”