Can't install from CD - irsetup problem

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JWH

Can't install from CD - irsetup problem

Post by JWH »

I haven't been able to install this game from the CD I've just received. When I try, I get the following popup:

irsetup.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Can anyone help? I've searched back but I can't find mention of the same problem. I've tried switching off the Resident Shield of my Steganos AV, but no luck.

[I have tried to e-mail the helpdesk but I'm not convinced my e-mail arrived]

Thanks in advance
michaelm75au

RE: Can's install from DC - irsetup problem

Post by michaelm75au »

Try copying the CD contents to a directory on the HD, and try running the install from that directory.
Michael
JWH

RE: Can't install from CD - irsetup problem

Post by JWH »

I've just tried that.  No joy, same error message.
caine

Post by caine »

I have the same problem with other game (CC Wacht am Rhein) but not with others from Matrix. It must be that the packed file is incorrect. If the packed file is not changed the same error will occur (as fas as I know). Irsetup is used by many (or all, I am not sure) games by Matrix and I have no errors with others. Why you and me we have this now I do not know exactly. I bought also Admiral edition and installed without problem, but not CC Wacht am Rhein. Out of curiosity, which is the name of the file included in your CD? I could compare with mine.
JWH

Post by JWH »

Sorry Caine, I can't help I'm afraid. The files are deleted from my computer and the disc has been sent back to get a refund. Sorry.
caine

Post by caine »

Oh, thanks anyway. I will insist on my problem. Sorry you did not solve yours.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Please contact our help desk for assistance. 99% of the time, issues like this are due to software on the system preventing the installer from running. Completely disabling anti-virus/security software resolves this in the vast majority of cases. If you have concerns that the CD may be bad, try it in a friend's computer and see if it works there or not.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
caine

Post by caine »

Ah, I have theone message on technical support under CC Wacht am Rhein support (Problem installing game (irsetup)
). Andrew Loveridge sent me a copy to same result. Before, I opened issue 3852 which Daniel Heath closed without I had time to answer it was not solved (I think I updated issue but it was not registered). The instructions provided were carried out without effect. I have also tried in other computers.

I am waiting a response from my message in CC Wacht am Rhein Technical support. It seemed it was the right place, in the end. Andrew must have seen the message and I am waiting for it. If a week passes while I have no notice I will send another message in the original message just to be sure it is received.

Thanks, anyway.

Return to “Tech Support”