Mouse issues

In this elegant turn-based strategy game, compelling gameplay combines with gripping history to create an addictive mix. Aimed at all levels, from those who have never played a wargame before to those who know the history of World War II in detail, this is an entertaining and mentally challenging game of combined arms strategy. Your armor, infantry, artillery and air units will follow you through the most crucial battles of the Eastern Front. You will be able to choose from 47 different upgrades and improvements for your units as well as add new forces based on your success in the campaign. Take command in two German and one Soviet campaign as well as individual scenarios and determine the fate of the Eastern Front.

Moderators: Ronald Wendt, RalfZenker

rune

Mouse issues

Post by rune »

Hi

I'm an old Panzer General fan so this game looked very interesting to me. So I've downloaded the demo. But the mouse sensitivity is so painfully low that I can't make myself even play through the tutorial :(

I have to lift up and move the mouse back two to three times in order to move the pointer from the left side to the right side of the screen. Every single thing I try to do requires me to lift the mouse up and move it back. By contrast, in Windows I can move all the way from the left side of my primary screen to the right side of my secondary in one single wrist movement.

Zooming and scrolling is also very slow. To zoom from all the way out to all the way in, I need to do 6 full scrolls with my mouse wheel.

Are there any tricks that can be done to improve this?
RalfZenker

RE: Mouse issues

Post by RalfZenker »

Hi Rune,

That´s not normal, what are your hardware specificatios?
Ralf Zenker
Binary Evolution Studios
rune

Post by rune »

My specs:
Windows XP Professional
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3GHz
Asus P5Q Pro main board
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT w/512MB
24" monitor 1920x1200 + 20" monitor 1600x1200
Logitech Click! Optical Mouse

Output from DXDiag is attached.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(49.78 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
RalfZenker

Post by RalfZenker »

Thanks for the specs. Everything seems to be okay and your hardware is more than fast enough for this game.

Maybe your mouse driver is not compatible with the used input library OIS. Sorry, i have no other idea at the moment.
Ralf Zenker
Binary Evolution Studios
Canuck_jp

Post by Canuck_jp »

I agree that the mouse sensitivity is a little low.  This is not a performance issue-the sensitivity is just set too low that's all.  It would be nice if sliders were included in the options so you could choose your own sensitivity.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

That has been added in the update that should be out this week.

My computer is barely at the minimum and large battles really take a toll on scrolling and mouse movement. Using NATO icons helps somewhat due to lower poly count.

Lots of good stuff in the update.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Return to “Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia”