Redoubts, Forts and Artillery

The Seven Years’ War was fought across the globe and called by some the first “World War” as virtually every major power participated. In the center of events was Prussia, almost constantly at war and lead by the now legendary Frederick the Great.

Relive the exciting and trying days of Frederick the Great in Horse and Musket: Volume I, the improved and expanded combination of the previous Prussian War Machine and Prussia’s Glory titles. Horse and Musket: Volume I is a reboot of the successful Horse and Musket series, including not only two solid historical titles in one package, but also many new game features, a powerful new editor, and a complete graphics overhaul to an already acclaimed gaming system.

Moderators: Sertorius, Tim Coakley

Sumter

Redoubts, Forts and Artillery

Post by Sumter »

I have been playing scenarios containing forts and redoubts. The game will not permit the human player to unlimber artillery in hexes containing either. Wile this is somewhat frustrating and unrealistic, it is even more frustrating that the AI seems able to do so. There also seems to be a flaw -- present in earlier versions as I recall -- where the AI can fire infantry units stacked underneath artillery units, but the human player cannot. Any chance these issues can be fixed in the upcoming (or perhaps a future)patch?[&:]
PrinzHenrich

RE: Redoubts, Forts and Artillery

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Which scenario you played?
I have the same problem but after my frustrating I discover that is posivble but very hard to do so. You must put your cursor on that unit but do not click waitnig as two small windows appeared next to them. If you highlighting this stack unit, but without clicking you should choose them, and then able to fire as well. Maybe my explanatios are unclear but english isn't my strenght side of personality.
Changes....
jackx

Post by jackx »

Similar to  this, and while the workaround (don't click, but wait for the 2 small info/nameboxes to show up and select using that) grants you the same ability, I doubt it's intentional.

Can the AI actually deploy guns into terrain that it shouldn't, or do the guns merely start there? AFAIR, you can place anything anywhere in any formation you want in the editor...

While we're at it - in the new Beraum scenario, I could road-column my arty through EZoC, didn't work with other units though.
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Don't remember show me please
Changes....
jackx

Post by jackx »

Haven't been able to reproduce it, even though I tried a couple of times. Probably a one-time-fluke like that cavalry moving across the water in Landeshut1757 that happened to me once.
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

I think that is good news ....[;)]
Changes....
Tim Coakley

Post by Tim Coakley »

Just checked my files and we did not keep the old fort graphic in the "buildings" file when I had Magnus moved over the "old redoubt" graphics.

We can get this fixed.

Tim
Horse and Musket2---Matrix Games
Sumter

Post by Sumter »

Thanks!

Return to “Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great”