anti-tank defence versus armor

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
Elwood

anti-tank defence versus armor

Post by Elwood »

Hi,
I am playing since few days (I am currently in the second campaign), and I experienced some strange behaviour about anti-tank defence capability versus armor.
In many games like this one, the anti-tank unit are very effective against armor both for attack or defence.
I noticed in OB that whe an unit attacks an anti-tank unit, the odds are the same fot an infantry unit and an armored unit : I expected a better efficiency of the infantry against anti-tank unit (compared to armored unit).
for example, , with equivalent strength, there is no damage inflicted to the armor unit, when attacking anti-tank. I expected at least 1 damage due to the anti-tank capability to hit and damage tanks.
I experienced such a (strange) behavior with a Pz III J or Pz IV C unit and a Russian anti-tank Pak (3.5 / 4.5).
Is there any foreseen adjustment to the combat rules for anti-tank units against armored units ?
BR
Mathieu Leprince
Elwood

RE: anti-tank defence versus armor

Post by Elwood »

Mmmmh,
well no answer to my post.
No one else experienced poor defence of anti-tank units against armored unit ?
Mathieu
Obsolete

RE: anti-tank defence versus armor

Post by Obsolete »

Well, since no one stepped up to answere, I guess I'll give my two cents.  Not that they are worth much at this point.  The problem is I didn't value anti-tank units high in this game at all.  I'm not saying they are coded bad, it's just that you're probably getting bigger bang for the buck by going tanks.  The worst anti-tanks of all are the ones that aren't even tracked.  I'd upgrade those just to make a more mobile unit, but even still they were not really up to my fancy. 
King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

Return to “The War Room”