Query for Vic

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

lancer

Query for Vic

Post by lancer »

Goodaye,

It's been mentioned a few times here that a new version of AT is in the the works.

A lot of the - limited - conversation has been about Vic's intent of slanting AT more in the direction of better recreating WW2 TOE's and formations.

Which is all to the good. But my personel interest lies in the random game aspect of AT as opposed to specific WW2 scenarios.

So I was wondering if Vic could throw a bone or two this way with regards to any information on what may be forthcoming for the randomly generated games.

Naturally, as a work in progress, all information is subject to change and Vic's intent but it would be nice to have a little something to chew over.

Cheers,
Lancer
CSO_Talorgan

RE: Query for Vic

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

Another question:

Will AT1 maps work in AT2?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi guys,

I am working on multiple projects at the same time. One of them is AT2. That game will be able to load AT1 scenarios and will have a strong emphasis on random games and catering for scenario designers. However AT2 is not the first in the release planning and 1 or more other games are planned to be released first. The games to be released first will be WW2 and more grognard.

Work on AT2 is ongoing however and i hope to give an AT2 feature update soon. Release is hoped between 1y-1.5y

Best regards,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
lancer

Post by lancer »

Goodaye Vic,

Thanks for the reply.
Release is hoped between 1y-1.5y

Mmmmmm.... So I've got time for a decent cup of coffee before the next iteration.

Cheers,
Lancer
GrumpyMel

Post by GrumpyMel »

Vic,

Definately give us a heads up when one of the titles you are working on is ready to go to release. After AT, I'm ready to buy anything with your name in the credits.... unless maybe you to decide to develop "Advanced Fasion - The Battle for Pink !" .... my wife might be up for that one though [:D]
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

The key thing is that we can continue to develope scenarios.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

I second that

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”