A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in wargaming.

In this elegant turn-based strategy game, compelling gameplay combines with gripping history to create an addictive mix. Aimed at all levels, from those who have never played a wargame before to those who know the history of World War II in detail, this is an entertaining and mentally challenging game of combined arms strategy. Your armor, infantry, artillery and air units will follow you through the most crucial battles of the Eastern Front. You will be able to choose from 47 different upgrades and improvements for your units as well as add new forces based on your success in the campaign. Take command in two German and one Soviet campaign as well as individual scenarios and determine the fate of the Eastern Front.

Moderators: Ronald Wendt, RalfZenker

vsadek

A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in wargaming.

Post by vsadek »

Hello everyone!

I am absolute beginner in this type (turn-based strategy) of games and, by pure accident, OBTSFR is my first try in wargaming. I liked the demo so I bought the full version and I am enjoying it very much from the very beginning. Although, I am a dumb novice and still need some time to fully understand game play and concepts behind it I find this game very playable and a lot of fun, even when I can't finish all the objectives of campaigns/scenarios, but I am improving steadily.

I just want to share my enthusiasm for OBTSFR and thank to all involved in creating it. Job well done. Thanx a lot!
vonRocko

RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in wargaming.

Post by vonRocko »

Hello vsadek,
Welcome to the wonderful world of wargaming! This is a good game to introduce you to the genre. It sounds like you are having fun already. If you have any questions just ask. The forum is full of great people ready to help.
Enjoy[:)]
vsadek

Post by vsadek »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Hello vsadek,
Welcome to the wonderful world of wargaming! This is a good game to introduce you to the genre. It sounds like you are having fun already. If you have any questions just ask. The forum is full of great people ready to help.
Enjoy[:)]

vonRocko thank you for your support. I have found many useful tips on this forum already. Also, I see that Matrix Games has a plenty of other interesting games so I am planning to try some other titles as well. [:)]

Wishing all the best in 2010. to everyone!
RalfZenker

Post by RalfZenker »

Thanks for your post and a happy new year!

It was our aim that OBTSFR could be also played by unexperienced wargamers - so it seems that we have managed it.[;)]

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or need any further hints. Btw: Have you found the small hints in the HQ window?
Ralf Zenker
Binary Evolution Studios
vsadek

Post by vsadek »

Hello Ralf! I am enjoying this game very much and yes … I have found a small hints. [:)]

Attachments
hints.jpg
hints.jpg (56.61 KiB) Viewed 109 times
RalfZenker

Post by RalfZenker »

Yes, these are the ones i have meant.[;)]
Ralf Zenker
Binary Evolution Studios
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

...by pure accident, OBTSFR is my first try in wargaming.

Well, I am glad that it wasn't TOAW.  Not that it is a BAD game, but for a average person it is a little over-whelming and I've heard of many people put off war-games just because of that.

It was ironic, since it had won best Wargame of the year in 98 I believe.  Oh boy I'm getting old.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
vsadek

Post by vsadek »

ORIGINAL: Obsolete

Well, I am glad that it wasn't TOAW.  Not that it is a BAD game, but for a average person it is a little over-whelming and I've heard of many people put off war-games just because of that.

It was ironic, since it had won best Wargame of the year in 98 I believe.  Oh boy I'm getting old.

Well, in the meantime I've got into TOAW as well – LOL! It didn't put me off from wargaming, on the contrary, I found it fascinating. I know it is an old game, but - I don't mind. [:)]
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

That seems to be a pretty big jump, in a pretty short time.  If you find yourself mastering it soon enough, come back and then you can teach me a few things perhaps.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

Return to “Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia”