how complex is this 1?

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

koontz

how complex is this 1?

Post by koontz »

got Witpae bit ive find to complex, so is this easyier to get into?
Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics.

"All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him."
radar

RE: how complex is this 1?

Post by radar »

Yes, definitely.

First of all, the amount of control you have over the units is less in UV. Second, UV has a smaller theater of war, so whatever setup tasks you have are limited to a much smaller map. Third, the full campaigns are shorter, so you can finish them more quickly, learn from your mistakes and start a new game.

That said, once you master UV, I suspect you will want more control and a bigger war and move on to AE.

Cheers!
USS Terry (DD-513) — Battle of the Atlantic, Solomon and Marianas Islands campaigns and the Battle of Iwo Jima
borner

RE: how complex is this 1?

Post by borner »

it is a very good game. The advantage over WiTP is you can get out a turn in 5-10 minutes instead of hours from what I hear. I have been toying with the idea of buying AE, but will keep playing this one as well. There are some bugs ( as in most complex games), but nothing that cannot be dealt with. ONly drawback is late war us planes are far too powerful, and early ones are a bit weak.

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”