Game question

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

rome87

Game question

Post by rome87 »

hi im interested in buying this game very much but am wondering are there any demos for this game to try before i buy that is not vol 1 ?

Also how many scenarios are there in ww2 ?

Finally coming from playing advanced tactics is this game much more complex to learn to play or more micro mangement involved how many game hours does the average scenario take to play out ?
Karri

RE: Game question

Post by Karri »

Dunno about demos. More scenarios than you need. Complex to master, not the easiest game to learn but in the very basic it ain't too hard.
slybelle

Post by slybelle »

Here is a link to the Century of Warfare edition demo. It is not the Matrix version, but can give you some ideas. It even works on my Windows 7 64-bit system even though this version is ancient:)

http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.p ... ile&id=927
rome87

Post by rome87 »

Is that demo very similar to how this game plays and looks graphics wise ?
slybelle

Post by slybelle »

Don't know for sure since I have not played the matrix version yet. However, based on screens and people's comments, seems like it does have the basics. Again, would likely just give you a general idea about the game, not an exact replica of the matrix version.
Silvanski

Post by Silvanski »

User interface and game mechanics are quite similar. The Matrix version added new features and corrected bugs.
The demo will give you a good idea of how the game plays
The TOAW Redux Dude
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: rome87
Is that demo very similar to how this game plays and looks graphics wise ?
Gameplay and graphics are similar, although there are a number of updated graphics placks out there.

The Solo game is very different, the earlier AI had a lot of problems and played very poorly.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”