Patch V1.03

Based on Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system by the same name, Field of Glory now comes to the PC in a faithful adaptation of this acclaimed miniatures wargame! Without the calculations and measurements required for a tabletop game of Field of Glory, the PC version accurately represents Ancient and Medieval combat where you make the important and fun decisions on the battlefield. This forum also supports the Rise of Rome, Storm of Arrows and Immortal Fire expansions to Field of Glory.
IainMcNeil

Patch V1.03

Post by IainMcNeil »

Here is a small patch for Field of Glory just before Christmas. The main purpose is to fix a bug with the passworded private games but we threw in a few extras too. Matrix are shit down for now so we've tried to ensure this patch supports the Matrix version and our testing shows it does.

Download the patch from http://www.slitherine.com/files/fog/fie ... h_1.03.exe

* The length of passwords in private games has been limited to 16 characters. This is the maximum the system can handle but the game was incorrectly allowing you to set it longer and then a bad error message reported it was too short causing general confusion. Now it is all fixed.
* New scenario - The Battle of Lyginus River 335 B.C.
* Non-shock foot no longer pursue mounted.
* Shock foot no longer pursue mounted on passing a complex move test.
* Battle wagons and artillery will now never pursue.
* Some mounted troops were gaining swordsmen capability when not so armed and this has been fixed.

This patch is compatible with all versions of Field of Glory from Slitherine or Matrix (v1.00 to 1.02). You will need the patch to continue multiplayer games.

Matrix will have a patch out when they are back from their well deserved holidays.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
leastonh1

RE: Patch V1.03

Post by leastonh1 »

Thanks Iain. I'm just downloading the game and patch as I type. I am really looking forward to playing this one [:)]
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.
PunkReaper

Post by PunkReaper »

I'll be interested in giving you a game sometime.
Nighteyes

Post by Nighteyes »

Norton 2010 registers this as a virus and will not let me install it.

It is classed as high risk and automatically blocked and uninstalled....

Below is automated printout form norton internet securtiy. Hope you can work out the problem so i can play with my dad.

Thanks
23/12/2009 at 15:09:22
Last Used:
23/12/2009 at 15:10:34
Startup Item: No
Launched: Yes
Threat Details
SONAR Protection monitors for suspicious program activity on your computer.

Downloaded from http://www.slitherine.com/files/fog/fie ... h_1.03.exe

Downloaded File:
field_of_glory_patch_1.03.exe
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

Punk Reaper - Let me get a bit more used to playing something out of WWII, which is very new to me, and I'll gladly play you [:D]

Nighteyes - This is just a false positive and should be ignored. The file is definitely clean as you downloaded it from Slitherine directly. Just change the Norton settings for this file to be an exclusion and it should be fine. I don't use Norton, so can't tell you how to go about doing that, but all (most) anti-virus apps will have a facility to add a file or folder as an exclusion or exception. Failing that, disconnect your pooter from the Internet, disable Norton, install the patch and re-enable everything.

Hope that helps. [;)]
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.
Nighteyes

Post by Nighteyes »

Thanks Jim

I figured it was a fasle positive but have been unable to find a way tell norton to allow it to install.

Thought it was worth bringing it to the developers attention so they can take steps to avoid it being flagged up by anti viruses.

Thanks again.
PunkReaper

Post by PunkReaper »

Thanks for the reply just pm me when you are ready..... although I was hoping to catch you while you are rubbish.. I tend to lose interest when I start to get slaughtered. As I always say, "if I want to be humiliated I just play the kids". [:D]
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper
Thanks for the reply just pm me when you are ready..... although I was hoping to catch you while you are rubbish.. I tend to lose interest when I start to get slaughtered. As I always say, "if I want to be humiliated I just play the kids". [:D]
What on earth makes you think any amount of practice will improve my "rubbish" status? As I'm way past being a kid (41), there's no danger of me humiliating you lol!!! [:'(] I'l prolly pm you sometime tomorrow then as I really do need an evening to get my head around why there are no guns or tanks!

Nighteyes, there is a setting in the config somewhere for exclusions. I found mention of it on a few sites using Google, but none of them seemed to hint at which menu you should use to set this up. I hope you do find it.
Nighteyes

Post by Nighteyes »

yay finally got it fixed, finally can play dad a beat him all over the place.

Norton 2010 has a brand new protection system called SONAR, which automatically f***s with your computer deleting what ever file it dertrmines is a risk to the computer with out telling and not even giving you the option first... gotta love AI <-- SONAR.... SkyNet in the making
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

Hehe, glad you got that sorted! Yeah, SONAR was mentioned quite a bit on the sites I found. I must confess to disliking Norton with a passion. Had it installed once, never again. Too controlling, too CPU hungry and impossible to uninstall without an external application to clean up all the crap it leaves behind. It's almost as bad as Microsoft products [:D]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil
Matrix will have a patch out when they are back from their well deserved holidays.

Thanks, Iain. In the meantime, I will be enjoying a few games of FOG during my time off too. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Nighteyes

Post by Nighteyes »

ORIGINAL: Jim_H
... Impossible to uninstall without an external application to clean up all the crap it leaves behind. ...

Ah... crap, just put the trial on the other day to try it out... now im gonna have a bitch of a time getting it off in 27 days :(

Thanks for the heads up will look round an find out how to take it off properly next month.
leastonh1

Post by leastonh1 »

ORIGINAL: Nighteyes
Ah... crap, just put the trial on the other day to try it out... now im gonna have a bitch of a time getting it off in 27 days :(

Thanks for the heads up will look round an find out how to take it off properly next month.
Don't worry, it's easy if you use the right tool. The mistake people make is thinking that using the standard uninstall works. It doesn't with Norton. So, if you remove it in the normal way and subsequently install another anti-virus product, it probably won't work properly because of the stuff Norton leaves behind. It's just incredibly shoddy programming. If they can't even code a proper removal procedure, I'd be twitchy about trusting their product to protect my PC.

To get rid of Norton properly, go to the following link and grab the tool you need. Kind of ironic that it's Symantec who provide it! [:)]
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/ts ... 3108162039

Sorry for going so off topic Iain.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

This post should probably be in tech but WTH. I replaced Norton with Norman. Norman can be a bit hyper, but it puts files in quarantine instead of deleting them. You can then put them back and protect there directories. I felt Norton was making me a share-cropper on my own rig.
Jim Cobb

Return to “Field of Glory Series”